Do iphone XR is good in 2021

It's a solid phone, but I wouldn't buy one in 2021... it's three years old and starting to show its age in terms of performance and the lone rear camera. I would either get an iPhone 11 if possible or hold out until Apple announces new iPhones in September and the iPhone 12 becomes the discounted model.

Of course, pricing could play a large part in this... are you in India? I know iPhones can be particularly expensive there.

20 hours ago, Commodus said:

It's a solid phone, but I wouldn't buy one in 2021... it's three years old and starting to show its age in terms of performance and the lone rear camera. I would either get an iPhone 11 if possible or hold out until Apple announces new iPhones in September and the iPhone 12 becomes the discounted model.

Of course, pricing could play a large part in this... are you in India? I know iPhones can be particularly expensive there.

Yes I am from India 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:17 AM, Commodus said:

My budget not allowing me to 50K

1 hour ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

My budget not allowing me to 50K

You could get an iPhone 11 for under 50K if you have a qualifying phone to trade in, but after that... you'd probably have to look for sales.

I'd almost be tempted to get an iPhone SE if a trade-in isn't an option. The screen isn't as nice, but it'd be well within your budget without a trade-in.

43 minutes ago, Commodus said:

You could get an iPhone 11 for under 50K if you have a qualifying phone to trade in, but after that... you'd probably have to look for sales.

I'd almost be tempted to get an iPhone SE if a trade-in isn't an option. The screen isn't as nice, but it'd be well within your budget without a trade-in.

What is trade in

Just now, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

What is trade in

It's trading your old device into a company (in this case, Apple) in return for a discount on a new product. Apple might not take absolutely any phone, but if it takes your existing phone you might just save enough money to get an iPhone 11. If not, consider getting that iPhone XR or the iPhone SE if you'd rather buy new.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

It's trading your old device into a company (in this case, Apple) in return for a discount on a new product. Apple might not take absolutely any phone, but if it takes your existing phone you might just save enough money to get an iPhone 11. If not, consider getting that iPhone XR or the iPhone SE if you'd rather buy new.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

Do A12's performance is too much lower than A13 it is Minor

5 minutes ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

Do A12's performance is too much lower than A13 it is Minor

It's not a huge step back, I'm just thinking more in terms of longevity and overall features. Apple typically offers about 5 years of major OS updates for a given iPhone, so the XR may not get major software upgrades after fall 2023 (you may still get minor updates and security fixes after that).

17 minutes ago, Commodus said:

It's not a huge step back, I'm just thinking more in terms of longevity and overall features. Apple typically offers about 5 years of major OS updates for a given iPhone, so the XR may not get major software upgrades after fall 2023 (you may still get minor updates and security fixes after that).

And iphone 11 support upto 2024 right 

10 minutes ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

And iphone 11 support upto 2024 right 

Yeah, that's right. It's not a huge difference in terms of support — I just think the iPhone 11 is a better overall value (a bit faster, an extra rear camera, plus little extras like Ultra Wideband support for things like AirTags).