Monitor seems "burned" and "glitchy" through Displayport, but works just fine in HDMI.

Go to solution Solved by patach,

Got in contact with Samsung Repair. Seems like my warranty didn't go out after all! Sending it in. If somebody has this problem in the future, this was my solution LoL!

I got a Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA Series Curved 32" which is just a little over 2 years old (and therefore, out of warranty).  It's connected to a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Black Gaming GPU along with two other monitors, one connected to HDMI and another connected to another DP.

I had just gotten back from a trip, and I turned on my shutdown computer only to see the Samsung monitor glitchy up, showing a scuffed version of the image, and then slowly blacking out with lines and other things giving it a bit of a "burn" effect.

(You can see some of the wallpaper in the upper part of the monitor.)

However, when I switched inputs to HDMI, it seems like everything is fine, the monitor shows the HDMI output great.  Albeit, now without the 144 hz.

For the life of me, I have not figured out what went wrong with my displayport.

Here's what I've done so far:

-Unplugged it from the power, and plugged it back in.
-Used a different Displayport Cable
-Plugged Monitor into alternative Displayport (which my other monitor was using without any problem).

-Switching between Displayport Version 1.1 and 1.2 (1.1 resulted in it not detecting a signal).

Other monitors seem to be doing well, so I don't think it's a GPU issue.

Is the Displayport to this monitor finished?  Should I be shopping for a new one now?  Or is there something else I can try before throwing my wallet at another monitor?

Try updating firmware if available

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

7 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Try updating firmware if available

Are you talking about the GPU firmware or the monitor?  Can't find any firmware for the monitor... but I have the GPU firmware up to date.

any other DP display or devices with DP output to test with?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Got in contact with Samsung Repair. Seems like my warranty didn't go out after all! Sending it in. If somebody has this problem in the future, this was my solution LoL!