Custom loop controller, and loop order

I am looking for the best way to control the temps of my system, currently it is being done by my motherboard (X570 Taichi) as the only thing under water is the 5950x, however I will be blocking my 3090 shortly.  What is the best way to monitor temps and adjust fan and possibly pump speed?  The EK Loop Connect is complete trash so I dont use that.  Any suggestions?  I do have a loop temp sensor but nowhere on the motherboard to connect it.

In addition should my loop go GPU -> CPU or the other way around?

I was all ready to make fun of you for not noticing a temp sensor header that obviously had to be there on that expensive board, then I googled it, and couldn't find it either lol.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about what fan controllers are out there to suggest one, but I can say that your block order doesn't matter at all. You'll get maybe a 1C difference by switching the order. The water flows through the blocks fast enough that it doesn't substantially heat up before the second component. Put your finger on the inlet and outlet lines of your cpu while under load and see if you can feel a major difference. Run the lines in whatever order looks best.

For temp-controlled fan speed, absent of a mobo connector, I would go for a Corsair Commander Pro. Controls 3 and 4 pin fans nicely and has a couple of temp inputs IIRC. You can also control pump speed although I'd advise a fixed speed there rather than on a custom curve.

Aquacomputer Aquaero for the whole control and sensor package. I know of not a single "mass" produced fan and sensor controller that is better. Their sensors are as good as it gets in the watercooling market. Everything else is probably industrial stuff.

And for the trillionst time: loop order doesn't matter in the real world.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

aquacomputer octo/quadro works well too (they only do pwm fans, no voltage control)

i'm using quadro for my coolant temp fan control & rgb

afaik loop order only for reservoir before pump, the rest is tube routing convenience

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

17 hours ago, IainC said:

For temp-controlled fan speed, absent of a mobo connector, I would go for a Corsair Commander Pro. Controls 3 and 4 pin fans nicely and has a couple of temp inputs IIRC. You can also control pump speed although I'd advise a fixed speed there rather than on a custom curve.

I have a commander pro I tried out, it had some communication issues where it would just stop working was not very impressed, and i felt there was a lack of configuration options as well.  I can give it another shot.

I was thinking of either an aquaero or quadro something along those lines, Not a fan of it taking a 5.25" bay as that would block a 140mm fan.

In hindsight I should have gone with another board mfgr but to late.

How would either the aquaero or quadro monitor GPU temp if its possible?  Or should I just stick with water temp?

11 hours ago, Snipergod87 said:

I have a commander pro I tried out, it had some communication issues where it would just stop working was not very impressed, and i felt there was a lack of configuration options as well.  I can give it another shot.

I was thinking of either an aquaero or quadro something along those lines, Not a fan of it taking a 5.25" bay as that would block a 140mm fan.

How would either the aquaero or quadro monitor GPU temp if its possible?  Or should I just stick with water temp?

The Aquaero 6 LT comes without the display so no need for the 5.25" bay.  

The GPU internal sensors are to some extent limited imho but core temp should be possible to read out. However, you do not control your fan speed by GPU/CPU temps but by water temps. You can of course surface mount a temp probe and plug it into the controller. Inlet and outlet temp would also be possible via T-Splitters.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

I cant get tired of recommending fancontrol 

Spoiler

Thread of the dev: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1099996-fancontrol-my-take-on-a-speedfan-replacement/

Its not entirely bug free and sure it will work on everything but it had by far the mist customizable fan curves i have ever seen, with the ability to mix curves sensors etc. Loop order doesnt really matter. Go whats easiest to build with

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

What I have done for now, is hook the 420mm rad fans (3x140) to the PWM header on the 3090, and let the GPU control those fans, I have the CPU fan header control the 280mm rad fans (though it is all just one loop).  To at least get functional.

I already have 1 temp probe will look into the 6 LT

Theres some interesting solution. Look at something like dewire relay solution then run an cable to an aquacomputer quadro/octo.

https://dewire.shop/

I prefer the octo/quadro over 6lt at this point. You don’t need the 6lt advanced features and it just takes up space. Super clean.

C76AA705-E836-46BD-9FC6-18C285DBBE52.jpeg

7230230D-A6CD-4B7E-9BD0-2D436F95883E.jpeg

On 7/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, Snipergod87 said:

Add an high flow 2 flow sensor or next flow sensor that reads flow/temp and have the fans/pump (octo preferred) run off water temps or flow rate.

You could use an arduino or some other cheaper microcontroller with the usual loop temp sensor (a 10k thermistor) as a fan controller and set up some simple temp curves. Probably just a few lines of code, maybe an afternoon's work if you're comfortable with it. Cheaper than a third party fan controller too. Sounds like a fun little project to me.

Of course if your time is worth something then it might pay to just buy a good fan controller.

on the cheap if you have 1 loop for just a gpu is have the pump and rad fans connect to the gpu pwm. will ramp up based on the gpu temp no programs required.

more expensive is corsair commander pro or core. custom fan curve and temp senses witch i think you could hook up a g1/4 sensor to.

even more expensive is aquacomputer were you get all the options but at a cost... they do offer the quadro/OCTO that is ok price as well. (gn use aqua computer for there testing with mutely meteor probes and probably a square wave monitor.

beyond that i dont no the industrial but it probably invales mutely meteor probes and probably a square wave monitor. custom tubing and gauges.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links