How can I merge these two partitions?

Michko

Hi, I used to have Linux on dual boot on the 86 GB of Unallocated space, how can I merge it to the 850 GB NTFS? I thought about using some external utility and moving the efi partition to the beginning of the unallocated space, but I'm not sure if that would not break something.

image_2021-07-08_155904.thumb.png.665eaaa750af9abed17110a6ce24d6bb.png

Right click your C: partition and select "extend volume", use the max space available to expand, let it do it's thing. 

9 hours ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Right click your C: partition and select "extend volume", use the max space available to expand, let it do it's thing. 

You can't extend partitions that are not adjacent

Oh! Why didn't I noticed that... 

Expand your efi, then shrink, then expand C:

9 hours ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Oh! Why didn't I noticed that... 

Expand your efi, then shrink, then expand C:

The option is grayed out.

Yeah, you'd have to get dirty with it as the system doesn't like to mess with system or efi partitions. 

Consider using a position management software like eases, https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

Aside from that and the overall easy way, you can always consider a fresh install of windows to clean everything up. 

1 minute ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Yeah, you'd have to get dirty with it as the system doesn't like to mess with system or efi partitions. 

Consider using a position management software like eases, https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

While this does often let you move partitions around to be able to extend into the unallocated space, just a note from personal experience, it can mess up the recovery and EFI partitions while doing it, so there are risks. Best way is to do a clean install, though obviously not always an option. 

You might be able to use GParted if you can't fix it within Windows.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha