Alternatives to CCleaner?

I've been using CCleaner for.. I honestly don't know how long for cleaning up temp files - I like it for that, never used the registry cleaner.

I've been reading about it on the forums and have found some conflicting reports regarding it's safety, so this is why I am wondering if there are any better alternatives out there?

Yeah. None. Those apps are universally garbage and don't actually do anything worthwhile. If you just want to clean up temps files and such, you can do that much from the Storage settings in Windows.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

3 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Yeah. None. Those apps are universally garbage and don't actually do anything worthwhile. If you just want to clean up temps files and such, you can do that much from the Storage settings in Windows

Thanks for the reply @Chris Pratt, what about clearing cache from websites, last open files or whatever it's called in Windows, searches, etc.? I always liked that feature about CCleaner as it got me sort of a "fresh start" if you know what I mean?

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

For registry cleaning? Don't do it. At all. I think that's the common concensus.

Thanks @LogicalDrm I never touch the registry, only want to clear cache, temp files, history, searches and such.

1 minute ago, gal-m said:

Thanks for the reply @Chris Pratt, what about clearing cache from websites, last open files or whatever it's called in Windows, searches, etc.? I always liked that feature about CCleaner as it got me sort of a "fresh start" if you know what I mean?

Thanks @LogicalDrm I never touch the registry, only want to clear cache, temp files, history, searches and such.

Windows has a little program to delete temp files, but you don't really need to touch anything unless there is a issue or there using too much space.

7 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Storage settings takes care of that too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

7 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Yet that was something you did specify in OP. AFAIK there is some other software, but I fail to recall what it's called.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If a program’s (or window’s) temp files are taking up so much storage that you need to clear them out, there’s a problem. You shouldn’t need any “cleaner” program.

Open Computer, right click the C drive, properties, tools, disk cleanup.

This offers everything you ever need.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Storage settings takes care of that too

Thanks @Chris Pratt I'll tinker with them to see what they do.

2 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

If it is just for cleaning files you can try BleachBit

I've heard about that. I'll have a look at it! Thanks @Grand Admiral Thrawn

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Open Computer, right click the C drive, properties, tools, disk cleanup.

This offers everything you ever need

Thanks @Master Disaster I saw a lot of people mention that

May sound silly but the reason I liked CCleaner is because it is always just a click away if you know what I'm trying to say - it's convenient and e.g. logs me out of every single account on my browsers (apart from Gmail) with one click.

I will look into everybody's suggestions and try to sort it out! Thanks everyone 🙂