[SOLVED] Lenovo y-50-70 "Your resolution is lower than 1920 x 1440" for extended display, I hate this laptop

Rudy_v8

EDIT: Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, noticed the size of text and apps was set to 175% and not auto adjusted.  Turned on auto adjusting and it fixed itself.  My 4k display seems to be under-performing to a lower resolution but not by much. I would maybe say its matching the 2560 resolution from the extended display which isnt that bad at all. Alot better than what I can only guess was 480 across a wide screen.  Also, to bitch about this laptop eve more I forgot that the wifi receiver they used is garbage as well.  Half the time it drops connection even if its right next to the router. The only way to fix it is to go into settings and turn the wifi off and on again otherwise it wont find the signal for some reason. It took me much longer than i want to admit to realize this was possible, previously i thought i had to restart the comptuer fully.  My phone and other devices have no range issues only the laptop and its been consistent since owning.  I will never own another Lenovo again and I will forever trash them for their bad service and shitty product i received.  

I am trying to extend my display from my Lenovo y-50-70 4k touchscreen laptop to an additional 30" monitor via HDMI.  The resolution however on the extended monitor is god awful.  Its about 1/4th the quality it should be and when I go to check it warns me that while the resolution is set to 2560 x 1080 it is not displaying that resolution.  I have updated my drivers, and google yields no results as to how to fix this. In the past I have used another monitor, and a projector.  The projector had super poor quality, about the same resolution as whats being displayed currently.  Could it be that some settings got saved and forced at the lower resolution for the shitty projector I was using?  If so how do I clear those settings?  

This laptop has caused me nothing but trouble since owning it.  Originally I was sent a broken laptop that caused blue screen issues, I then had a multi month warranty dispute that ate up most of my final college semester and the main reason for buying it in the first place.  They also refused to accept my 2nd warranty claim shortly after because it was "out of date".  You would think if I have something replaced under warranty that the warranty for the new replaced thing would start over right? Not for lenovo!  I also cant pick the damn thing up with only 1 hand because the case literally bends and causes short circuiting internally.   Fuck lenovo.... please help.  

2021-07-07_07_57_49-.png

2021-07-07_07_57_57-.png

Try choosing 2nd screen only.

I must say your post was quite entertaining to read 😂 Good job and welcome to the forums!

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Also may need to update video drivers

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Drivers were up to date on checking. 

After uninstalling the NVIDIA graphics drivers I noticed literally nothing changed on the display side which led me to think maybe the GPU wasnt even being used.  This may be confirmed because after trying to re-install the drivers NVIDIA told me I had no NVIDIA GPU installed soooo I think that my GPU may be toast. It looks like the Intel integrated graphics is whats being run right now.  I have no idea how long its been like this, because the integrated graphics display 4k resolution on the laptop just fine. Only the extended display is at a horrible un-fixable resolution.  After everything that happened I wouldnt be surprised to open this thing up and find Lenovo stole my GPU before sending it back to me after warranty.

In a desperate attempt to not have to take apart this ancient laptop I am upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 in the hopes maybe the integrated graphics upgrade somehow.