Need an extra pair of eyes to check I haven't misunderstood something with this router

Euphoria

Networking is Not my strong suit so I really need some extra eyes to check that I have not misunderstood something as I'm setting up a LTE/4G failover for my unreliable WAN connection.

I've ordered a Teltonika RUT950 LTE Router as it came highly recommended, and my plan is to have my WAN (sort of DSL) connected via ethernet to the router as the primary connection, then the data SIMs as failover for 4G (with 2 large antenna on the roof).
My main concern is have I read everything correctly... I can have the WAN (via ethernet) as the primary conn' and LTE as backup with auto switch over and switch back when the WAN is back online?

Also, any advice would be great, as I said, networking is my weak link.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

While I have never used that particular router, as long as it has the setting or option to set a primary and a failover or backup connection, it should work. Keep in mind that when it does a failover, there will be a noticeable disconnect while it rolls over to the backup connection and/or back to the primary.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea that should work fine.

One thing to note is the devices will see their public ip change, so you may need to reload the page/reconnect to a game for it to recognize the changes.

Sorry... can you dumb this down (ELI5), please? 😄 How do you mean "devices will see their public IP change"?

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

10 minutes ago, Mondale said:

While I have never used that particular router, as long as it has the setting or option to set a primary and a failover or backup connection, it should work. Keep in mind that when it does a failover, there will be a noticeable disconnect while it rolls over to the backup connection and/or back to the primary.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping some kind people could do, check the router site page to check my understanding, in case I've misunderstood it as I'm a complete network amateur.

7 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Sorry... can you dumb this down (ELI5), please? 😄 How do you mean "devices will see their public IP change"?

SInce devices will be on a different connection, current connections will be broken, and need to be restarted. So you may need to reconnect to a vpn, reload a website, restart a download, or rejoin a game depending on how the protocols are made. Some will reconnect automatically, so there will only be a few dropped packets.

You will need to set this up in the router settings.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

SInce devices will be on a different connection, current connections will be broken, and need to be restarted. So you may need to reconnect to a vpn, reload a website, restart a download, or rejoin a game depending on how the protocols are made. Some will reconnect automatically, so there will only be a few dropped packets.

You will need to set this up in the router settings.

Oh, right got you now, thank you for explaining, appreciate it.