Does smart watch brand matter?

rkunati

Hey Guys,

I bought a Note 20 Ultra as my first android device. I am now looking for an smart watch. I was wondering if I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, would I get more features because my phone and watch are the same brand. Or does it not work like that and no matter what watch I get it will have the same features? Also could you guys recommend a smart watch for around $300 USD.

Thank You.

The features of the smart watch have nothing to do with the brand. Though a Samsung branded watch, as expected, will integrate a little more easily with your Samsung device as it has the app you need to use it pre-installed.

Any watch that has the features you desire will theoretically work with your phone. Except for the Apple Watch, because Apple only allows Apple devices to be used with their watch.

10 hours ago, rkunati said:

Hey Guys,

I bought a Note 20 Ultra as my first android device. I am now looking for an smart watch. I was wondering if I bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, would I get more features because my phone and watch are the same brand. Or does it not work like that and no matter what watch I get it will have the same features? Also could you guys recommend a smart watch for around $300 USD.

Thank You.

Don't buy a smartwatch until Samsung unveils its Wear OS watch (likely around August 11th, according to the rumors). I don't know what the actual pricing will be, but it should be within your range if history is any indication.

The key isn't so much same brand as what that brand does. Yes, Samsung tends to integrate wearables more tightly with its own phones than others, so you might get some improvements over rival devices, but they probably won't be night-and-day differences. Certainly not once the Wear OS model shows up and every Google-powered watch from then onwards is basically using the same software.