AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

5 hours ago, stage said:

1.2.0.7 still does NOT fix the issue. It just mitigates it to happen less often. (1-2 times a day instead of 1-2  times an hour)

The only real fix is to disable fTPM or just move to Intel.

Interesting. What makes you say that? What are your PC's specs?

Yeah i dont think this problem is only on Gigabyte since ive seen reports also on biostar motherboards, AMD should take a closer look on the fix.

i was having the same issue as everyone else here.
my pc would randomly stutter.  ( and sometimes freeze)
similar to this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/sccict/amd_ftpm_causes_random_stuttering_issue/
i have been looking/waiting for a fix for almost a year
and i can confirm that i haven't had a freeze or stutter in a month

for the ftpm stutters, asus has a bios update (however while typing this i cant seem to find the download page anymore?, i just redirects to the product page)
but i'm currently on 2803.

other than that, i disabled the global c states, turned on docp , .. the usuals

My specs: 
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

On 7/12/2022 at 5:18 PM, DiceGG said:

The AMD fix works. It is proven by the other MB-manufacturers. 
Gigabyte needs to revisit their BIOS-version as it doesn't fully implement the working fix that AMD provided. They f***d something up, badly. 
So they don't need to wait for another AGESA-Update, because the AGESA code is NOT faulty, it is NOT the problem. The problem is the BIOS-Software (or hardware - less likely though) of GIGABYTE. Again, this is proven simply by looking at and comparing other mainboards that have been fixed by the new AGESA 1.2.0.7. 
Gigabyte really needs to stop blaming AMD and get their sh** together. 

I feel bad for the Gigabyte users. They paid good money and now they are being left alone just because Gigabyte can't admit their mistakes. Noone would be angry at Gigabyte if they'd just admit it, release a fixed BIOS version and be done with it. 

For anyone blaming Gigabyte, I can assure you it is not their fault, it is simply AMD's fix that is half a**ed and incomplete in some way. Other board vendors are also reporting problems on Reddit that continue after 1.2.0.7, and on another forum a user with my board (X570 Aorus Xtreme) mentioned that the fix works for Ryzen 5000, but not on his Ryzen 3000 processor with the same board (just swapping CPU's).

There is nothing to botch by Gigabyte, they are using the same new fTPM firmware revision as others and board vendors cannot modify the AGESA in any way. There is no need to defend AMD here as it is clear that the issue is not fully resolved.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:42 PM, DiceGG said:

Interesting. What makes you say that? What are your PC's specs?

I've posted them before in the thread, 5600x on an Asus B550 tuf gaming plus board.

I also have a friend on a 5900x x570 asus prime observing the same issues after 1207, like me. They just hide the problem better so it occurs less often.

The issue is not with gigabyte, AMD fucked it up and there is no real fix. If tou want a w11 and future, you just be safer moving to Intel.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:03 AM, stage said:

I've posted them before in the thread, 5600x on an Asus B550 tuf gaming plus board.

I also have a friend on a 5900x x570 asus prime observing the same issues after 1207, like me. They just hide the problem better so it occurs less often.

The issue is not with gigabyte, AMD fucked it up and there is no real fix. If tou want a w11 and future, you just be safer moving to Intel.

1207 fixed it completely on two systems for me. One system is a 3700 w/ an asus b550 gaming wifi, the other is a 5800 with a asus b550i itx board. Zero issues now.  

On 7/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, djmakk said:

1207 fixed it completely on two systems for me. One system is a 3700 w/ an asus b550 gaming wifi, the other is a 5800 with a asus b550i itx board. Zero issues now.  

Whatever the fix is, it is not working consistently on all systems and they should go back to the drawing board at AMD to isolate all causes. I disabled fTPM on my X570 Aorus Xtreme and have not had a stutter for over 3 weeks now, whereas before it happened about once every 2-3 days on AGESA 1.2.0.7. I don't remember the last time anything crashed on this computer and it is by far the most solid PC I have built apart from this issue.

ASRock X570 Taichi + Ryzen 3900X here. The latest 4.82 beta (AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.7) BIOS seems to fix the stuttering issue completely.

Now, I don't know how stable this BIOS is on its own (being in beta), but the stuttering is gone so that's nice.

Even after updating bios AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.
I still have problem.

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for Local system via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps
GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 01:34:15 GMT
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
x-ms-request-id: 609d0d22-7a52-432a-85c8-d29171283740

My specs: 
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

Yeah a lot of people still have some sort of problems. Sure, the Update doesn't fix everything. But those aren't fTPM-related. Despite what a few Intel-Fanboys want to believe.

7 minutes ago, DiceGG said:

Yeah a lot of people still have some sort of problems. Sure, the Update doesn't fix everything. But those aren't fTPM-related. Despite what a few Intel-Fanboys want to believe.

Please explain how I am a fan boy when I and the others in this thread have Ryzen PCs. This was pretty stupid statement.

And yes, the issue is only with AMD fTPM on their processors, since it does not occur on Intel and stops when you disable it. Read the 27 pages on the issue...

3 hours ago, DiceGG said:

What makes you say that? disabling fTPM does fixes the problem so yeah there still someting wrong with fTPM on AMD.
Also, how are people Intel-Fanboys when they are literally using AMD Processors and are reporting those problems, your argument doesnt make sense.

I'm using ASUS G733QS Strix Scar 17 laptop.
There's no option to disable ftpm on my laptop. My laptop still stutter like in this video
and look like AMD didn't notice about this issue on laptop. no bios fix like PC

Hi. I've read some ppl still have problem, it was ok for me after latest AGESA update, but recently I'm started to notice some stutters again, not like before, without sound lag.

There is something interesting in System Log

It's stops after reboot, and starts after i don't know what.

It's definitely something TMP related again. I would disabled it, but Valorant's Vanguard hard require it to be enabled on Windows 11.

scr1.png

scr2.png

scr3.png

scr4.png

6 hours ago, SilentPrayerCG said:

Hi. I've read some ppl still have problem, it was ok for me after latest AGESA update, but recently I'm started to notice some stutters again, not like before, without sound lag.

There is something interesting in System Log

It's stops after reboot, and starts after i don't know what.

It's definitely something TMP related again. I would disabled it, but Valorant's Vanguard hard require it to be enabled on Windows 11.

scr1.png

scr2.png

scr3.png

scr4.png

Just do yourself a favour and buy the discrete TPM if your board supports it and be done with it, this is what I'm doing as they will probably never fix this due to AM5 launching soon, therefore they won't care soon.

I have still this bios version 1405. Does someone here has a similar system with the latest bios version 4403. And do you have real problems?  I think you can't flash back to an older bios.

System:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Asus Prime X570-PRO
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AESB
geforce 2080 super

1 hour ago, jaapie18 said:

I have still this bios version 1405. Does someone here has a similar system with the latest bios version 4403. And do you have real problems?  I think you can't flash back to an older bios.

System:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Asus Prime X570-PRO
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AESB
geforce 2080 super

Is not the BIOS version, is if the ftpm is enabled or not. You can update if is needed for something. 

16 hours ago, rob-tech said:

Just do yourself a favour and buy the discrete TPM if your board supports it and be done with it, this is what I'm doing as they will probably never fix this due to AM5 launching soon, therefore they won't care soon.

So I'm not only who had that exact issue? With same logs in Even Viewer?
I think i started to notice it recently, It was ok after they released new AGESA, no those pesky sound-lag stutters anymore.
Like, right now, there is no such errors in log, so something triggers it.

I would buy it, but with all s*it that happens, i just don't have spare money for it, and I'm not sure if it still possible to buy something on Ali.

Im still having this problem, and seems i cant fix it now.  the reason that in my bios i had the option to disable TPM, and fix the stutter, but my laptop stopped working recently, lenovo technical service fixed it by replacing the motherboard, the problem is that apparently locked the option to disable from the bios TPM option since it shows it only "MFG MODE" or Manufacturing Mode, (AMD PSP is TPM Option) and not enable or disable, and the stutter problems happens again

wKfRO0PyldAZFDhwrq6XmA.jpeg?aid=sJuFuWbwl1Q

last bios update fixed the problem for me

It's crazy that this thread is over a year old and started as an innocent tech request, and ballooned into a full on conspiracy.

Until I saw this, I was confused why my system would sometimes micro stutter while watching YouTube videos with another browser tab open or playing games. I'm going to test turning off fTPM to see if that fixes the issue.

I'm on an AsRock X570S PG Riptide running Windows 11.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase a physical TPM.

This is just ABSURD that:

1. This "fix" from AMD, which has been out since mid-June, doesn't actually fix the issue for many (most) people.
  2. Gigabyte's latest BIOS with this "fix" is still in beta.
  3. No word from AMD that there's another AGESA in the works that might include another attempt at a fix. Going back to point 2, if AMD did release a new fix to vendors, God knows when Gigabyte would get a non-beta BIOS update out with it.

I've been on this forum for over a year solely because of this issue. It's literally the reason I signed up and there's still no actual fix in sight that doesn't require the purchase of additional hardware.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, Zips said:

doesn't actually fix the issue for many (most) people.

It is fixed for most people. 
Just because you belong to the few who still have a problem doesn't mean everyone's got the same problem. 
When it was an issue, this forum had daily posts from people having freezes. 

But I do feel bad for the few who still have these problems. You should write to AMD and/or your motherboard  manufacturer. 
I honestly hope that you will get an updated version asap. 

Good luck and best wishes, I'm out.