GMMk pro first time keyboard build review

rice guru

Been wanting to get a new keyboard since I started watching some keyboard content. and the GMMK pro was getting somewhat well reviewed and for the price I thought it was a good time for me to upgrade for my ducky one 2

Specs
Durock holee modded stabs
Using polycarbonate plates
Glorious panda switches
Lube is krytox 106 for springs and g lube for stabs and switches.
inifiney Key Musubi Keycaps

Impressions
The good:
-Overall build quality is solid very hefty . A huge upgrade over the non pro models in regards to just over fit ,feel ,and finish.
-relatively easy to work with with very straightforward teardown ability and assembly.( But come with a teardown video if needed)

The bad :
-The knob was stuck, the stem on my unit that holds it is a little too big so the knob got stuck. Doing some research the best way to remove it if stuck is basically using the chassis as a lever to loosen the knob. The knob has to be removed to teardown the unit.
-the goat stabs are awful holee mods and any amount of line could not get rid of the rattle
-durock stabs nor my everglide clip one could fit on the aluminum plate.
-durock stabs have to be forced into the poly carbonate plate to fit. So I basically would have been fucked if I didn't buy them into he first place.

Overall after all said and done after my configuration I'm pretty satisfied and had a relatively fun experience as my first mech keyboard build leaving my Ducky one 2

980053987_IMG_MJL_-Sharp--Natural-_20210703_223117108.jpg