When will the GPU Prices will go back to normal?

XnonXte
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
3 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

I think so, Hopefully because I tired of these GPU Shortage Rage

Tbh by the time the shortage is done the next gen gpus will be coming out soon. I wonder if nvidia and amd don't want to ramp up production only for them to replace the gpus in a little bit and the stock that they created won't be sold in time. Also it might be that they simply want to focus on the next gen production rather than trying to salvage this gen. 

1 hour ago, Error 504 said:

can't you pull the machine a bit outward to avoid the beam, and then raise the machine?

or does this interfere with your feet when sitting down?

I could technically do that but it would probably look worse and even more ghetto and would trigger my ocd 

You think it would look okay hanging past my desk? 😦

8a258a07942a8219c645f17d620c5df2ab482db9-14.jpg

1 hour ago, CptnReflex said:

I could technically do that but it would probably look worse and even more ghetto and would trigger my ocd 

You think it would look okay hanging past my desk? 😦

8a258a07942a8219c645f17d620c5df2ab482db9-14.jpg

it has a glass panel, why is it not sitting on the desk and being showed off!!

it has a glass panel, why is it not sitting on the desk and being showed off!!

I have a slight speaker addiction 😆

Looking into replacing the desk soon which solves my problem tho!

19 hours ago, CptnReflex said:

I have a slight speaker addiction 😆

why are those speakers sitting beside your computer space?

the speakers should be surrounding YOU.

they are called "surround sound" for a reason........

you should be sitting in the center, and surrounded by the speakers.

and maybe put 3 behind you, to get that surrounding feeling.

your room looks very spacious, should be enough space.

why are those speakers sitting beside your computer space?

the speakers should be surrounding YOU.

they are called "surround sound" for a reason........

you should be sitting in the center, and surrounded by the speakers.

and maybe put 3 behind you, to get that surrounding feeling.

your room looks very spacious, should be enough space.

Directly behind is the walkway into my bathroom and bedroom, behind that is the porch and to the left of my setup is the hallway to get inside the apartment. This wall of stuff is the only place PC equipment can fit lol

Edit: the speakers are on the side because it's acting as a ghetto sound bar for when the second screen is in tv mode, forgot about that part. A new bigger desk may solve all my problems !

The answer to this thread is:

Never

Or until they quadruple global chip production and create mining specific cards that outperform gaming cards so far that mining on a gaming card becomes moronic.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

2 hours ago, Daethz said:

The answer to this thread is:

Never

Or until they quadruple global chip production and create mining specific cards that outperform gaming cards so far that mining on a gaming card becomes moronic.

well, he might be wrong, but it makes me feel a bit better.....

2 hours ago, CptnReflex said:

A new bigger desk may solve all my problems !

i think ltt has done couple self-built pc desks. just grab some lumber and get with it 🙂

10 minutes ago, Error 504 said:

well, he might be wrong, but it makes me feel a bit better.....

i think ltt has done couple self-built pc desks. just grab some lumber and get with it 🙂

I live in a tiny apartment lol or I would have built a custom desk reee

I've actually built my own subwoofers in the past so I have the skillset and it kills me. 

I'm probably going to grab a cheap motorized desk off Amazon at some point though!

18 hours ago, CptnReflex said:

I live in a tiny apartment lol or I would have built a custom desk reee

i so want to build my own pc desk with all the parts nicely spread out and displayed like in ltt videos,

but i ain't not handyman, so i know i would mess up good.

16 hours ago, Error 504 said:

i so want to build my own pc desk with all the parts nicely spread out and displayed like in ltt videos,

but i ain't not handyman, so i know i would mess up good.

you could get a desk frame then order a custom top, at least that's what I plan on doing eventually heh

i don't know, it's just more theories and guesses.

but educational guesses are what traders go by on wall street.

let's talk about it.

i think in a way, he makes sense, because other coins are not as profitable as eth, UNLESS some other coin suddenly spikes to eth price level, which is not impossible, because the miners that i have talked to, or even youtubers, they always talk about how fast they can break even with their investments. gpu costs, psu costs..... etc.

I personally think it'll go down once gamers stop trying to upgrade every single time a new gpu is released, only to get a little of FPS which makes no real difference.

From then, there is only demand from miners, however it appears that some updates will be made to Ethereum, making it harder to mine or something, as the first guy in the thread said, and there is also the possibility of it becoming unprofitable to mine, due to external pressures such as government taxes and energy bill increases etc.

Essentially from there, we'll have many in stock due to scalpers no longer seeing a large enough potential profit in the short term, hence making everything cheap again.

This will of course result in a frenzy again as due to the low price, everybody is buying again, and retailers not caring about who buys the items, for as long as it's bought.

TLDR: It will be a cycle that will always happen and will not stop, unless companies such as AMD and Nvidia sell it directly to the public, to be able to therefore control the flow and who receives the items, preventing scalpers.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:30 AM, Elijah Kamski said:

From then, there is only demand from miners, however it appears that some updates will be made to Ethereum, making it harder to mine or something, as the first guy in the thread said, and there is also the possibility of it becoming unprofitable to mine, due to external pressures such as government taxes and energy bill increases etc.

eth2, proof of stake.

but couple miners that i talked to told me that they would just move onto mining other coins, which might not be as profitable, but at least they could still earn a positive income, and it's always possible that someone like mr musk comes out and endorses certain coin AGAIN, and the price will shoot through the roof, which makes it profitable for miners to keep mining with gpu's. i think.

• 2 weeks later...

i read somewhere that eth2 is delayed, so i guess these crazily insane gpu prices ain't going nowhere.....

but at least vancouver will be getting a white x'mas, so...... i guess everything worked out in the end.

merry x'mas

well, if anybody still cares, I saw a 3080ti sitting on a store shelf today, for $2,199CAD + tax

and a 3070, and A LOT of 1660ti.

a white one, really beautiful, matches the snow outside.

but i ain't gonna drop $2,500 for a video card, but it's beautiful, not everyday you see a 3080ti sitting on a store shelf.

so, i guess it's still better than empty shelves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, Error 504 said:

eth2, proof of stake.

but couple miners that i talked to told me that they would just move onto mining other coins, which might not be as profitable, but at least they could still earn a positive income, and it's always possible that someone like mr musk comes out and endorses certain coin AGAIN, and the price will shoot through the roof, which makes it profitable for miners to keep mining with gpu's. i think.

I can't wait for Elon Musk to promote a certain coin again, then watch as the GPU market crashes below 0 XD

3 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

I can't wait for Elon Musk to promote a certain coin again, then watch as the GPU market crashes below 0 XD

ya, so much for decentralization, where one person twits, and whole market moves.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, Elijah Kamski said:

personally think it'll go down once gamers stop trying to upgrade every single time a new gpu is released, only to get a little of FPS which makes no real difference.

i would definitely kinda tend to agree, but its not like that in many cases... lots of people are trying to upgrade from rx480, R9 280x,  1050ti, 1060 level cards... thats pretty much two gens or more... i also had a 1060 before upgrading to my 3070 and i didn't even plan to upgrade,  but then the new Nvidia cards were actually cheaper than i anticipated,  so 700 bucks for what was then the 3rd fastest gpu of all times was pretty tempting and almost to good to be true... and i knew prices would only go up from there, so it was a now or never kinda thing... glad i did, card goes now for 1200+ last time I checked, kinda regret not getting the igame Vulcan oc instead,  but that was realistically just too expensive at 900 bucks, worth it sure,  but too much for me... still happy with my Vision oc, its pretty solid so far after over 1 year and realistically i dont need more power, still that Vulcan oc oled screen though *sobs*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i would definitely kinda tend to agree, but its not like that in many cases... lots of people are trying to upgrade from rx480, R9 280x,  1050ti, 1060 level cards... thats pretty much two gens or more... i also had a 1060 before upgrading to my 3070 and i didn't even plan to upgrade,  but then the new Nvidia cards were actually cheaper than i anticipated,  so 700 bucks for what was then the 3rd fastest gpu of all times was pretty tempting and almost to good to be true... and i knew prices would only go up from there, so it was a now or never kinda thing... glad i did, card goes now for 1200+ last time I checked, kinda regret not getting the igame Vulcan oc instead,  but that was realistically just too expensive at 900 bucks, worth it sure,  but too much for me... still happy with my Vision oc, its pretty solid so far after over 1 year and realistically i dont need more power, still that Vulcan oc oled screen though *sobs*

Agreed, massive backlog. There is no real middle ground anymore, or there may be, but it seems faded. Most are those upgrading from a decade old card perhaps.

Tbh, the whole now or never thing makes sense as well in these times anyways. Just hope that it doesn't instantly crash the next day and back to MSRP XD

Hope you enjoy your new gaming card! ❤️

On 1/6/2022 at 1:02 AM, Elijah Kamski said:

Tbh, the whole now or never thing makes sense as well in these times anyways. Just hope that it doesn't instantly crash the next day and back to MSRP XD❤️

i see plenty of radeon cards available in stores near me. i think they are good cards. if i had an amd cpu, i'd probably go with a radeon card and use sam.

even for mining, radeon cards ain't that much worse, i think it's just people are more into the 3090 hype. yes, 3090 has 24gb memory, but it eats electricity like crazy, and 6900xt ain't that far behind if consider power consumption, and price difference.

• 2 weeks later...

so i just got home from a local store, and while there, i saw five 6900xt, but no nvidia.

is it that the miners are buying up all the cards?

or the chip shortage affected nvidia the most?

i know green means everything is fine, and step on gas and go, red means stock market is crashing and step on break and stop, but, i doubt that's the reason why green cards are sold out but not red cards.

even the 1660's are gone, because last time i went there, they had LOTS of  1660's.

-