[PG35VQ] Black lines on darkish frames from films/videos

Dread13

Hello guys,

I bought a PG35VQ some months ago and I started noticing that, on videos, either on the browser, VLC, or whatever source you would like to think about, there are some black lines over the background, which are noticeable over darkish backgrounds. The same frames on the same computer on a different monitor do not suffer it. I also tried switching the display port cable, and the display port used on the GPU (RTX 3080).

Example (depending on your monitor you may need to increase a bit the brightness to see it clearly, for me it is clear on my side):

imagen.png.fc546a2e9fff029057985914da55d530.png

Do you guys know if this is a monitor issue? It is still on warranty... Also the lines usually dissapear if I pause the video. If anyone knows more about this I would be very glad to know more! There are videos in which the lines are much more noticeable. For a 1500€+ monitor I would not expect these things 😞

As additional information, I am running the monitor at 120 hz, HDR Off, 12bpc and RGB. I tried swapping these values, but they did not bring any improvement. Thanks a lot in advance! 🙂

First off, you should run the monitor at 200Hz 8bpc RGB and HDR on (for supported games) for the best possible experience. I have the same monitor and don't have the issue you're having.

Have you tried enabling local dimming for SDR and if it fixes the problem?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.