why is my ram usage so high?

UserBenchmarks: Game 134%, Desk 81%, Work 131%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 77%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070-Ti - 175.9%
SSD:  SHGS31-1000GS-2 1TB - 100.1%
RAM: Oloy Warhawk Ram CL16-18-18 D4-3000 2x8GB - 76.8%
MBD: Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

Okay so my Oloy Warhawk ram is at 10.2 out of 15.9 GB of usage right now, and I am only using chrome, task manager, and yt music. Why is this?? It gets so high I think it might crash programs if I open too many. 
Obviously if I opened too many things it would do this, but I am not sure why usage is so oddly high? 

Check under the memory tab in task manager and see what's taking up the most RAM. Chrome gets more memory hungry with more plugins and having things like themes active. Also check if there are other major programs open you don't use and close them.

Did you use userbenchmark to get your information on if your ram usage was high?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

First of all, UserBenchMark is known to be unreliable and provide false information. Your ram usage probably isn't that high at all.

Second of all, press ctrl+shift+esc to open Task Manager and open the Performance tab, then go to the Memory.

59 minutes ago, 2DPrinter said:

Okay so my Oloy Warhawk ram is at 10.2 out of 15.9 GB of usage right now, and I am only using chrome, task manager, and yt music. Why is this?? It gets so high I think it might crash programs if I open too many. 

There you have it. Chrome will get quite hungry. I bet if you just close the browser and open it again, even with the same tabs open, you'll be at easily 4-6 GB less usage.

One of the worst situations I found is watching youtube streams with active chats. That one process (which contains the youtube tab) can easily creep up to beyond 10GB alone and once RAM is full it crashes. No amount of pagefile can help there.

My recommendation: restart the browser from time to time. You can even set it to continue the last session on start, so none of your tabs are gone

If you have a bazillion tabs open on chrome.

that's it right there, close em.

If that's not it, perhaps a screenshot of your task manager memory tab

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+