Unity Car Movement Help

Agena_

Hi, i have this car in unity.

got a movement script, as u can see in images. I have also attached a video on how it looks

the problem is, lets say im accelerating, and want to BRAKE. the car will take SOOO long to come to a standstill. How can i get this shorter? i tried adapting f values in the script, but not sure

image.png.368db9cc0ba5be31e5e3c78131bbf162.pngimage.png.579a4f95d13a9aee92adeac3482cc713.pngimage.png.3797de1412ec0ea27f4878ba83654fd9.png

I assume you noticed that the `public float breakForce = 100f;` isn't actually being used on line 54. Not super familier with Unity but  you could try setting a negative motorTorque or value far exceeding "3500f". Or could be something to do with the "Slip based friction model" -> https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/ScriptReference/WheelCollider.html

You should set motor torque to 0 when braking. Otherwise you will apply a braking force but continue to apply power whilst braking. 

On 6/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, AnotherMax said:

I a

28 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

You

also does anybody know why my wheels spread out, before i hit play the wheels are in the right place. 

but as soon as im playing, the wheels move out more. why is that?