COD: Warzone performance issue

Nobaris

Hey guys, just coming on here with a quick question. Since the season 4 update, my FPS has dropped hard. Using R5 3600 and a 1660 Super right now, during S3 I was getting 90+fps at medium settings, now I can't even get 80 on all lowest settings. Since I have access to buy a GPU at close to MSRP (only slight markup, maybe 20% for the higher end AIB cards but nowhere as bad as scalpers) and so I was wondering if I should pull the trigger on a 3070. But I look on YT for 3600+3070 combos running Warzone at 1080p, and all of them have VERY different results. Some report 130+ fps easily on high settings at 1080p, some others cant even break past 100fps on lowest settings. That led me to doubt whether buying a GPU will solve this problem, because right now I can't even play the game in a remotely competitive circumstance. 

Is this game just that poorly optimised? What is going on with everyone having different performance results? What is causing my FPS drop after the update? Can I up my FPS (to a competitive level of at least 120fps) without upgrading my GPU? Is this game worth buying a GPU over? 

5 minutes ago, Nobaris said:

Hey guys, just coming on here with a quick question. Since the season 4 update, my FPS has dropped hard. Using R5 3600 and a 1660 Super right now, during S3 I was getting 90+fps at medium settings, now I can't even get 80 on all lowest settings. Since I have access to buy a GPU at close to MSRP (only slight markup, maybe 20% for the higher end AIB cards but nowhere as bad as scalpers) and so I was wondering if I should pull the trigger on a 3070. But I look on YT for 3600+3070 combos running Warzone at 1080p, and all of them have VERY different results. Some report 130+ fps easily on high settings at 1080p, some others cant even break past 100fps on lowest settings. That led me to doubt whether buying a GPU will solve this problem, because right now I can't even play the game in a remotely competitive circumstance. 

Is this game just that poorly optimised? What is going on with everyone having different performance results? What is causing my FPS drop after the update? Can I up my FPS (to a competitive level of at least 120fps) without upgrading my GPU? Is this game worth buying a GPU over? 

Please post your full spec list, this will help us determine what the best option for you will be. 

The reason you're seeing such a discrepancy in frame rates for different reviews is more than likely their benching setup. Different channels will yield different results, as they use different setups from channel to channel. There is more to a computer in a game than just the CPU and GPU. Small differences can be made with other components. 

2 minutes ago, connorkincaid said:

Please post your full spec list, this will help us determine what the best option for you will be. 

The reason you're seeing such a discrepancy in frame rates for different reviews is more than likely their benching setup. Different channels will yield different results, as they use different setups from channel to channel. There is more to a computer in a game than just the CPU and GPU. Small differences can be made with other components. 

R5 3600

Gigabyte 1660 Super

2x8gb 3200cl16

GX-650 Seasonic 

Every season the FPS goes down.

What FPS you get hugely depends also on what part of map you're located in, where are you looking and how many people are near you.

This season the FPS went down noticeably. I can tell even on my 1080ti as in Downtown my FPS can drop as low as 50FPS from over 100FPS what I typically used to have.

Apparently setting Particle Quality from Low to High may improve your FPS by about 10FPS for some reason. Other than that, there is not much you can do.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

What FPS you get hugely depends also on what part of map you're located in, where are you looking and how many people are near you.

This season the FPS went down noticeably. I can tell even on my 1080ti as in Downtown my FPS can drop as low as 50FPS from over 100FPS what I typically used to have.

Apparently setting Particle Quality from Low to High may improve your FPS by about 10FPS for some reason. Other than that, there is not much you can do.

Got it. So are you saying that it's not worth buying a GPU, and that I should stick to my current setup as it is?

1 minute ago, Nobaris said:

Got it. So are you saying that it's not worth buying a GPU, and that I should stick to my current setup as it is?

Yes.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Yes.

Thanks. I guess I will set my particle quality to high and save myself a couple hundos. 

I wonder why people still post about that game, when literally every page there are at least few treads regarding the performance issues of that game. TL:DR it exceeded it lifetime, already there had to be another game replacing it, but people are still too hooked on. So only one way to make people stop playing it - apply Apple's policy of forcing people to buy the new shiet.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

On 6/24/2021 at 8:12 PM, QuantumSingularity said:

I wonder why people still post about that game, when literally every page there are at least few treads regarding the performance issues of that game. TL:DR it exceeded it lifetime, already there had to be another game replacing it, but people are still too hooked on. So only one way to make people stop playing it - apply Apple's policy of forcing people to buy the new shiet.

You sort of answered your own question. 

It's still very popular, and so people come in search of advice when they are having trouble.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:58 PM, WereCat said:

Bizarre, that upping a setting would increase frame rate, isn't it?