Bringing Directx 12 to windows 7

Hello Everyone,

I have a feeling we're going to be shafted by Microsoft and that they will not be bringing any support for Directx 12 to Windows 7. Knowing that this is most likely the case, I searched online for some sort of petition. Found nothing but news articles. I think people are going to wait to see what Microsoft do. This is wishful thinking, so I started a petition. Please give this your full support if you believe as I do that PC Gamers need their voices heard and that Microsoft just can't trample all over us. Even if you do have windows 8 let us all join one another and show them we are sick of this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/directx-12-support-for-windows-7/

Spread the word.

Thanks for your time.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why should I? I hate the 'metro' system, I know you don't have to use it but it's always there and gets in the way and there isn't enough of an improvement over windows 7 to warrant me buying a new OS. Explain yourself. Also your link mean very little as that doesn't mean that Microsoft will support it. They have in the past done stupid things in the name of profit, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Further more this will help insure it.

Why should I? I hate the 'metro' system, I know you don't have to use it but it's always there and gets in the way and there isn't enough of an improvement over windows 7 to warrant me buying a new OS. Explain yourself. Also your link mean very little as that doesn't mean that Microsoft will support it. They have in the past done stupid things in the name of profit, don't count your chickens before they hatch. Further more this will help insure it.

Do you seriously not realize that you can fix Windows 8 with third-party software so that you don't have to deal with Metro? Even if you're opposed to that, sorry to say, but Windows 8 has better performance in general. I don't even use Windows 8. I hate the interface, but I'm not so stubborn that I can't admit that it's better in other places just because "HURR TOUCHSCREEN." Your hatred for Microsoft is justified, but the rationale for this thread is not.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Hello Everyone,

I have a feeling we're going to be shafted by Microsoft and that they will not be bringing any support for Directx 12 to Windows 7. Knowing that this is most likely the case, I searched online for some sort of petition. Found nothing but news articles. I think people are going to wait to see what Microsoft do. This is wishful thinking, so I started a petition. Please give this your full support if you believe as I do that PC Gamers need their voices heard and that Microsoft just can't trample all over us. Even if you do have windows 8 let us all join one another and show them we are sick of this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/directx-12-support-for-windows-7/

Spread the word.

Thanks for your time.

Hey, just noticed (not trying to be a grammar nazi) that you have "are" where "our" is supposed to be.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I know I can fix it but I should not have to install 3rd party software to make an OS I don't need like the one I'm already using. I know there are some performance improvement but as I said not enough to warrant me buying a new OS. That is a hassle for a minor gain. This is getting off topic, please think of the children xD and that try to think that what I'm saying has a logic to it. Now stop trying to push something on me just because it's what you did.

Thanks will fix it

Well just looked over it and no it's suppose to be are ' we are' is correct and so is ' people are'. but thanks anyway :P now please stick to the topic

you will probably need a new GPU to fully enjoy DX12 anyways so you should get a new version of windows and once the new cards come out in a year or so there might already be a new version of windows and microsoft knows that many people don't like the metro interface, but they said they had to introduce it so that people get used to it and it's in everyone's face. Once people get used to the benefits of metro they'll return more native features that were in previous versions of windows. 

Read this article from technobuffalo.com

I also have to say that Win8 is a lot more efficient than Win7 and it's well worth the upgrade

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03/01/windows-8-designer-offers-candid-explanation-of-metro-and-why-power-users-hate-it/

Thats why I'm getting an AMD card.  Also, windows 8 will do better in games.   Windows 7 is going to be like Windows XP (maybe) it will go on for a long long time, people will still be tresuring it till the day it ends.  And I would just get windows 8.1 and install some start button stuff.  Although for all you know Nvidia might start using Mantle, or some modified version of Mantle.  If thats the case it doesn't matter.

I know I can fix it but I should not have to install 3rd party software to make an OS I don't need like the one I'm already using. I know there are some performance improvement but as I said not enough to warrant me buying a new OS. That is a hassle for a minor gain. This is getting off topic, please think of the children xD and that try to think that what I'm saying has a logic to it. Now stop trying to push something on me just because it's what you did.

Apparently you do need it if they choose to bring new features to it only. Which they should do. They are a company they have to make a profit.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

you will probably need a new GPU to fully enjoy DX12 anyways so you should get a new version of windows and once the new cards come out in a year or so there might already be a new version of windows and microsoft knows that many people don't like the metro interface, but they said they had to introduce it so that people get used to it and it's in everyone's face. Once people get used to the benefits of metro they'll return more native features that were in previous versions of windows. 

Read this article from technobuffalo.com

I also have to say that Win8 is a lot more efficient than Win7 and it's well worth the upgrade

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03/01/windows-8-designer-offers-candid-explanation-of-metro-and-why-power-users-hate-it/

Thanks you, you were much more tactful in your approach to educating me and the other 2 could learn something from you. However not everyone can afford to upgrade and should have the option to be able to use Directx 12 support on Windows 7. Also GCN and Fermi up will support Directx 12 http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/67721-microsoft-introduces-directx-12-gdc-2014/

If you are limited in funds, then you better wait for Windows 9.

Let's face it, you won't get DX12 games on day 1, and usually the early games showing off new DirectX features, are just some added or improved effect in some room or what not, and not overall in the game, just so that they can say "Uses DirectX12!", as an attempt to push sales, like every single time. At worst, you'll just wait a short moment before you get to play the game in full max settings.

Also, it seams that lately that Microsoft offers promotions on new Windows.

For example, Windows 7 was 50%/60% off depending on the edition, and 3 licenses of Win7 for 150$ all together (so 50$ each), and Windows 8 Pro was only 40$. That's less than a game. So, perhaps similar offer would be made at the release of Windows 9, making the switch more affordable.

As for the metro stuff, Microsoft is sticking with it. Unless there is a magically change where people don't want tablets anymore or touch screens, and people prefer desktop again, don't expect any changes.

Also check this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/134789-windows-81-update-1-get-new-start-menu-and-windowed-metro-apps-a-bit-later-on/

in the tech world , buy what you need today , not what you think you'll need in the future, that's the best advise anyone can give.  windows 8 will still be there in 14 months time if it is needed for direct X 12 to be fully used, you can buy it then.