Intel 14nm Braswell

Dylan522p

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/02/intel-14nm-braswell-broadwell-idf-2014/

Broadwell + Haswell = Braswell?

Said Braswell is replacing both Haswell and Baytrail Atom. Is it just a dumb name for die shrink Haswell aka Broadwell? Is Intel high? I hope it's just their marketing team being high not their engineers.

Edit: Imagine under the die cap it has a brazzers logo.......

Edit 2: So it's a die shrink on Baytrail. Intel's Atom roadmap is fucking crazy for Atom. Major updates every 6 months for the next 2 years. It is fairly clear what Intel is focusing so much on. I mean they got merrifield and moorfield for phones this year and Baytrail and Braswell for other Atom products. 14nm die shrink, new graphics, bunch of power related changes, LTE modem. Intel is going all out on mobile now. It's only a matter of time before they dominate IMO. Still waiting on the Anandtech or some other reputable site's article on all the stuff Intel announced a few days ago, but hopefully then we will have all the info that Intel released then.

They are running out of codenames for their processors, also I am very excited to see a processor with such a low manufacturing process that it's extremely powerful yet puts out very little heat. 

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/02/intel-14nm-braswell-broadwell-idf-2014/

Broadwell + Haswell = Braswell?

Said Braswell is replacing both Haswell and Baytrail Atom. Is it just a dumb name for die shrink Haswell aka Broadwell? Is Intel high? I hope it's just their marketing team being high not their engineers.

Bra Swell....hehe...i think they are high sometimes... :)

They are running out of codenames for their processors, also I am very excited to see a processor with such a low manufacturing process that it's extremely powerful yet puts out very little heat. 

But they really have a classy name for their 6th gen....Skylake... :)

hahaha oh wow thanks for the laugh intel

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Intel just won't stop trying to force themselves into mobile devices, will they?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Intel just won't stop trying to force themselves into mobile devices, will they?

They are starting to gain traction actually. Nowhere near what ARM is doing but they do have marketshare to speak of.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

They are starting to gain traction actually. Nowhere near what ARM is doing but they do have marketshare to speak of.

I imagine you can't give a thousand blowjobs without getting slightly better at it, so fair enough. If anyone can make an aggressive entry, Intel probably could.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

I imagine you can't give a thousand blowjobs without getting slightly better at it, so fair enough. If anyone can make an aggressive entry, Intel probably could.

Not sure if gay joke or just coincidence...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

They are about to get a ton of design wins because they have a LTE modem now and they are actually ahead on the CPU side to everyone except Apple now and they are using Imagination graphics which are top of the line.

Fanless hmmmm

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

It seems to just be a SoC chip. I image high-end mobile will still be full Broadwell chips

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Edit: Imagine under the die cap it has a brazzers logo.......

zycA8Tl.jpg

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

still waiting on broadwell

Character artist in the Games industry.

Well, the name comes from somewhere in Georgia, USA...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

still waiting on broadwell

Not coming for desktop. Only haswell refresh and broadwell for laptops. 14nm is being pushed for mobile so they are giving priority to Atom and Brawell which is actually the 14nm die shrink of baytrail.

• 4 months later...

Intel Braswell 14nm Processors time come to market is delayed, and Intel Bay Trail  need to fight again for a while. So the result came with the bad news again today  it customers would have to wait at least until March 2015, but more likely April or May  for the 14nm Processors.

Intel Braswell SoC chip

This is a repost of one in the CPU, motherboard, memory section. Sorry. That said, these are the new Atom chips, and given how good Intel needs the multithreading to be on those chips and with the TSX problem, I'm not surprised. They need these embedded chips to be flawless to compete with Qualcomm and other ARM makers.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Maybe it's Braswell because it'll be the tits?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Even then, considering that the mobile market is so volatile, it's still a really long game before it pays out for them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Even then, considering that the mobile market is so volatile, it's still a really long game before it pays out for them.

Not necessarily. Atom is also built to kick ARM out of the server world in high-cache-miss scenarios. I don't know how successful that venture is yet, but yeah.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Fanless hmmmm

Baytrail for the most part already is, I owned a ASUS 15" notebook with a N2830 and it had 0 fans. Intel is more than likely chasing power consumption and performance now.

That name though, so original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braswell

More like just a poor choice.

Baytrail for the most part already is, I owned a ASUS 15" notebook with a N2830 and it had 0 fans. Intel is more than likely chasing power consumption and performance now.

Yeah. Even my Haswell ultrabook only needs to turn the fan on occasionally. Expect completely fanless Broadwell-Y next year too.