Can anyone recommend a 27" QHD Monitor for dual monitor setup for work.

mystvean

Hi, 

My dell U2713HM suddenly died on me. Went out for a drink, pc on sleep mode the monitor did not want to power back. It was part of my dual monitor setup. The other monitor is the Dell U2715h. Both are QHD resolution. Usage is only office work. My monitor arm can take a maximum of two 27" monitors. So pairing any thing bigger with the dell u2715h cannot be done as it is too wide. Bigger than 27 inches is not that useful since the my desk is just 2.5 feet in depth. I can try putting an ultrawide and discarding the arm though not sure if I want to sacrifice the total resolution. The replacement must have good color accuracy or methods to adjust color so that it matches back with the dell U2715h monitor. "USB ports are not necessary. Price is reasonable, not too expensive. 

What kind of work? If you don't need a specailised colour gamut coverage (i.e. adobe RGB), going for a gaming monitor might not be a bad idea U2713HM is pretty expensive, even for an IPS monitor and for normal office work or photo editing in sRGB most modern IPS have more than enough colour coverage to make them suitable (with calibration)

Something like LG 27GL/GN850 would be a no brainer reccomendation but if you don't need wide colour gamut coverage as well, HP Omen has some 27 inch 1440p with even cheaper price (not sure about colour performance but it should be good given that most use the same panel from LG.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, e22big said:

What kind of work? If you don't need a specailised colour gamut coverage (i.e. adobe RGB), going for a gaming monitor might not be a bad idea U2713HM is pretty expensive, even for an IPS monitor and for normal office work or photo editing in sRGB most modern IPS have more than enough colour coverage to make them suitable (with calibration)

Something like LG 27GL/GN850 would be a no brainer reccomendation but if you don't need wide colour gamut coverage as well, HP Omen has some 27 inch 1440p with even cheaper price (not sure about colour performance but it should be good given that most use the same panel from LG.

When I first bought the IPS monitor, I needed the accurate color gamut. Now not so much. As long as it can be calibrated for normal sRGB. Not worrying about the color gamut on modern displays. Previously, I had a LG M227WD monitor/TV TN monitor which was quite bad when comparing to the Dell. Cheaper is always better now. I just noticed that Xiaomi has a 34" monitor that is cheaper than the Dell and is bigger. Though not sure how I'm going to fit all of those on the table though. Now days, I spend most of my time with MS Office software, Pdf reader, occasional Adobe PS/Premier Rush 3D obj/stl viewing software/DICOM software, having 2 vertical windows where I can see work side by side helps. I Think new monitors have good grey levels where you can see the separation of DICOM tissue hue (Ct-scan files)