Help with mobo info

Some background: I'm a young 13 year old artist and soon to be valorant and art streamer and I'm getting ready to build a pc to accommodate my needs.

The actual question: if I'm using a MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard will I need a bios update for the Ryzen 7 3600x gen 3?

A B550 motherboard will work with a Ryzen 5 3600x/Ryzen 7 3700x out of the box.

A BIOS update would possibly be required for Ryzen 5000 though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, SB_art said:

Some background: I'm a young 13 year old artist and soon to be valorant and art streamer and I'm getting ready to build a pc to accommodate my needs.

The actual question: if I'm using a MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard will I need a bios update for the Ryzen 7 3600x gen 3?

No it should work out of the box but why not update bios you can go to any place that sell MB and tell him just update the bios if he charge you he wont take a lot 

13 minutes ago, SB_art said:

Should work out of the box, but I'm pretty sure the B550-A supports "BIOS Flashback", where you stick a FAT32-formatted USB-2.0 stick (under 16GB iirc) into a port on the back that contains a file named "MSI.ROM" (you can get this from their drivers page) and push a button and it'll copy that MSI.ROM file into the EEPROM chip. You can find a tutorial on YT for it.