I want to learn English

RobertWilliams

Hi everybody! Let me tell you briefly about myself. My name is Saidhan, I am 18 years old. I live in Turkey. I want to improve myself in English.

I'm writing from google translate right now, I'm not sure of the accuracy, sorry I don't have any English speaking friends so I can't learn English. Also, if you want to learn Turkish language, I can teach you. If you want to be friends, we can be friends, why not? 馃檪

Contact : Discord - Syton SK#2000 , Gmail -聽SytonSK@gmail.com聽

Start with the alphabet by writing it out once a day, both capital letter and lower-case letter, and simple words and phrases.

Hello.聽 Goodbye.聽 Thank you.聽 I am <name>.聽 Who are you?聽 And so on...

Basic structure is important when learning how to make your own sentences.聽 Every (proper) English sentence has a noun and a verb.聽 Proper nouns are specific names for a person, place, or thing.聽 Turkey and Robert would be proper nouns.聽 Pronouns are not proper nouns, and are not as specific as proper nouns; here are a few examples: he, she, they, your, myself... and so on.聽 Verbs are generally actions, or a state of being, such as: run, trolled, laugh, was, or began.聽 Lastly, there are adjectives, which are descriptive words, and many can be used as verbs if they are not being used descriptively.聽 Slowly, doubtful, wonderful, ect.聽 Notice these change into verbs when their ending structure changes:聽 slowed, doubt, wonder.

Don't worry about things like connotations, latin root words, regional variation, conjunctive adverbs, colons/semicolons/hyphens, ambiguity, symbolism/metaphors (and so on) until later.聽 Just worry about the basics for now.

learning the alphabet first and sounding out each letter is probably the best first step, as it will familiarize you with how each word sounds, and how they can combine to make slightly different sounds.聽 Then maybe you can start making your own sentences, sounding them out, and ask an English speaking friend if it sound right to them.

Good luck!

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.聽 I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

maybe it's not the best suggestions, coming from someone who often misses grammar, but ignore grammar at first

blast yourself with english content, if you do watch videos, watch em with subtitles of your language, and later on put em subtitle with the given languages or viceversa ; force yourself into reading english content, if you don't understand anything use google translate, same when writing with someone, put whatever you're using, like the phone or pc in english

so you'll force yourself into learning the vocabulary, after that start to train yourself with grammar

personally, at school, I never learnt anything, they used to teach us for first the grammar, and after that vocabulary, and repeating stuff

after that I had easy access to the net, and discovered that most of my interest were only in English content, I learnt it like I previously described

often misscomunications are from a lack of vocabulary, rather than a lack of grammar, also if you do think about it, when you do learn your first language, you ain't studying grammar structures, but just listening, and repeating words untill you manage to communicate with someone else, only later on (usually) at school, grammar is teached

Thank you guys for your valuable comments. Unfortunately, it is difficult and impossible for me to go abroad in Turkish conditions due to financial and professional reasons. I will try to learn in a fun way and sorry I do not have the financial means to buy a book.聽Thank you again for your valuable comments and exchange of information, love.

Written by Google translate.聽

On 6/19/2021 at 4:24 AM, Jay427 said:

Start with the alphabet by writing it out once a day, both capital letter and lower-case letter, and simple words and phrases.

Hello.聽 Goodbye.聽 Thank you.聽 I am <name>.聽 Who are you?聽 And so on...

Basic structure is important when learning how to make your own sentences.聽 Every (proper) English sentence has a noun and a verb.聽 Proper nouns are specific names for a person, place, or thing.聽 Turkey and Robert would be proper nouns.聽 Pronouns are not proper nouns, and are not as specific as proper nouns; here are a few examples: he, she, they, your, myself... and so on.聽 Verbs are generally actions, or a state of being, such as: run, trolled, laugh, was, or began.聽 Lastly, there are adjectives, which are descriptive words, and many can be used as verbs if they are not being used descriptively.聽 Slowly, doubtful, wonderful, ect.聽 Notice these change into verbs when their ending structure changes:聽 slowed, doubt, wonder.

Don't worry about things like connotations, latin root words, regional variation, conjunctive adverbs, colons/semicolons/hyphens, ambiguity, symbolism/metaphors (and so on) until later.聽 Just worry about the basics for now.

learning the alphabet first and sounding out each letter is probably the best first step, as it will familiarize you with how each word sounds, and how they can combine to make slightly different sounds.聽 Then maybe you can start making your own sentences, sounding them out, and ask an English speaking friend if it sound right to them.

Good luck!

We have the same alphabet