Windows 7 update being annoying

oskar23

Hey.

After years I had to install windows again and i thought  updates will go smoothly but not really... it runs into errors when  i try tp update i keep googling  them  and fixing and another comes.

How do i get service pack 1? There was referral to Microsoft's website but link is expired... i dont care about any updates honestly but i want my hands on SP1 that many things require that. 

Any tips because it gives me headache

Stop using windows 7. 

It's liability, it's out of support, it's less stable than 10. You have 3 os to choose from, win8/.1, win10, and win11. 

Everything to do with windows 7 officially no longer exists, the only way to get things is from "pirates" that are hosting it now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Well i have 2 computers  with windows 7 that never were updated since 2013 and 2015 and they were working amazing to this  day until one crashed after 8 years. 

To me lack of support  or whatever Microsoft decided to do with win 7 doesnt matter as long as i can get this updates. I have no drivers anyway for my older pc for win 10 so i have to make that work. 

26 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Hey.

After years I had to install windows again and i thought  updates will go smoothly but not really... it runs into errors when  i try tp update i keep googling  them  and fixing and another comes.

How do i get service pack 1? There was referral to Microsoft's website but link is expired... i dont care about any updates honestly but i want my hands on SP1 that many things require that. 

Any tips because it gives me headache

I always had a feeling that Microsoft will pull something like that...

So i downloaded all of the manual updates installation files - Which let you install updates manually.

I have all the updates,SP1 included.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Honestly i dont even know what updates do i need but if i want to play.games i believe  it will require  sp1. 

Appreciate  any tips

24 minutes ago, oskar23 said:

Well i have 2 computers  with windows 7 that never were updated since 2013 and 2015 and they were working amazing to this  day until one crashed after 8 years. 

To me lack of support  or whatever Microsoft decided to do with win 7 doesnt matter as long as i can get this updates. I have no drivers anyway for my older pc for win 10 so i have to make that work. 

Ok, ita out of support, the 2 generation old is stopped being supported after 5 years of 10 being out, it's not a surprise.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 6/17/2021 at 11:28 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Stop using windows 7. 

It's liability, it's out of support, it's less stable than 10. You have 3 os to choose from, win8/.1, win10, and win11. 

Everything to do with windows 7 officially no longer exists, the only way to get things is from "pirates" that are hosting it now.

Well that explains why the Update Center broke and I couldn't manually find any Windows 7 updates from Microsoft's website anymore. I guess it's time to explore Linux distros for my older computers.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, oskar23 said:

Honestly i dont even know what updates do i need but if i want to play.games i believe  it will require  sp1. 

Appreciate  any tips

Microsoft has stopped providing updates for Windows 7.  Unless you are an organization with lots of money who can pay an increasingly huge amount of money to Microsoft each year for specialized extended support which will end very soon I believe, then you are unable to get any updates legally.

I am not going to condone illegal activity to gain updates, as it will most likely result in your computer getting infected - even more so since Windows 7 is highly vulnerable to many well-known vulnerabilities. 

I understand your reasoning for using Windows 7, and while I don't agree I respect you have the freedom to run what you like on your computer.

Windows 10 has been out for 5 years, and is quite stable (I honestly had more issues on 7 than on 10), so it's not going to break your computer to upgrade.

If you don't want to run Windows 10 for privacy reasons, then I suggest running a Linux distribution that has a user experience you like. 

At this point, Windows 7 is not granting you much privacy since it contains many known vulnerabilities which can be easily exploited, since Microsoft stopped supporting it a while ago.

-= Topic Locked =-

Asking for or posting ways to download un-official copies of software is not allowed.

This is considered Piracy and in violation of our Community Standards.

• Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER