No signal from monitor

thattrollerkkl

I finished building my pc and I think I updated my BIOS correctly. My monitor still says no signal. Is one of my parts broken? 

if you have a discrete GPU, did you plug it into the GPU and not the motherboard?

also, what CPU do you have?

1 minute ago, TheBean said:

if you have a discrete GPU, did you plug it into the GPU and not the motherboard?

also, what CPU do you have?

I tried both motherboard and gpu. I have the ryzen 7 5800x i think

5 minutes ago, thattrollerkkl said:

I tried both motherboard and gpu. I have the ryzen 7 5800x i think

well that does not have an iGPU so plugging into the mobo will do nothing. have you tried another cable or another monitor/tv if available?

40 minutes ago, thattrollerkkl said:

I finished building my pc and I think I updated my BIOS correctly. My monitor still says no signal. Is one of my parts broken? 

Are you sure you have the correct input selected on your monitor? That solution works more often than you would think. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Are you sure you have the correct input selected on your monitor? That solution works more often than you would think. 

I checked that already

9 minutes ago, TheBean said:

well that does not have an iGPU so plugging into the mobo will do nothing. have you tried another cable or another monitor/tv if available?

I tried all the wires i had

1 hour ago, thattrollerkkl said:

What motherboard do you have and does it have any debug LEDs or anything? if it's not outputting to the screen, and you're sure the cable and monitor are working, it might not be POSTing. 

Also, have you tried all the different outputs on the GPU? I've seen it before where one port dies but the rest of the card is fine.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

What motherboard do you have and does it have any debug LEDs or anything? if it's not outputting to the screen, and you're sure the cable and monitor are working, it might not be POSTing. 

Also, have you tried all the different outputs on the GPU? I've seen it before where one port dies but the rest of the card is fine.

I have the x570 elite wifi. I tried every port.

5 minutes ago, thattrollerkkl said:

I have the x570 elite wifi. I tried every port.

I'd try updating the BIOS again to make sure you did it correctly, and double check to make sure all the power connections fully connected on both the system end and the PSU end if it's a modular PSU. That board unfortunately doesn't have debug LEDs, so unless you have extra hardware to use to test or can pull a debug speaker out of an old system, there isn't really a way to tell why it's not booting. 

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd try updating the BIOS again to make sure you did it correctly, and double check to make sure all the power connections fully connected on both the system end and the PSU end if it's a modular PSU. That board unfortunately doesn't have debug LEDs, so unless you have extra hardware to use to test or can pull a debug speaker out of an old system, there isn't really a way to tell why it's not booting. 

I dont have any other parts. Is there another way to find the problem.

4 minutes ago, thattrollerkkl said:

I dont have any other parts. Is there another way to find the problem.

Not really. Reseating everything (memory, CPU, GPU, power connectors, etc.), trying with a single stick of RAM, etc. might help you if everything works 100%. However, if something is in fact dead (hope there isn't), you'd want something to help give you codes for why it's not posting. 

https://www.amazon.com/WEICHUANG-Computer-Motherboard-Buzzer-Internal/dp/B088KN6B9Q/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Motherboard+Speaker&qid=1623913669&sr=8-6

You can buy something like this (or pull it out of a really old prebuilt if you happen to have one) and use this to diagnose the issue, since this should tell you what isn't working.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not really. Reseating everything (memory, CPU, GPU, power connectors, etc.), trying with a single stick of RAM, etc. might help you if everything works 100%. However, if something is in fact dead (hope there isn't), you'd want something to help give you codes for why it's not posting. 

https://www.amazon.com/WEICHUANG-Computer-Motherboard-Buzzer-Internal/dp/B088KN6B9Q/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Motherboard+Speaker&qid=1623913669&sr=8-6

You can buy something like this (or pull it out of a really old prebuilt if you happen to have one) and use this to diagnose the issue, since this should tell you what isn't working.

I tried reseating everything already and it still hasn't worked. If i use the buzzer where should I plug it in?

8 hours ago, thattrollerkkl said:

I tried reseating everything already and it still hasn't worked. If i use the buzzer where should I plug it in?

It should be right with the other front panel connectors, it will be labeled speaker.

image.png.d8a7973eddb63681931420a5e96af29b.png

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816

This link has the post codes, so you should be able to see what's preventing it from booting. I'd still try to salvage one from an old computer if you can and save yourself the $5, but otherwise just buy it and listen for some beeps. If it says it posts, it means your monitor/cable is more than likely the issue, and if it says your GPU is the problem, it can still be the monitor/cable.