Tips for a good black spray-paint job on the inside of my HAF 932

car painting places will do cases, but i always find it easier to do it at home

Character artist in the Games industry.

Yeah, I'm trying to do this on the cheap, while making it look as professional as possible.

Sand it with some coarse sand (like 25 grit) paper then put a thin coat of spray paint on. sand again with a finer sand paper and spray again. Repeat using finer and finer sand paper going down to something like 300 grit, the more coats you do and the finer the sand paper gets the better the finish so you have to balance what quality of finish you want with how much work and time you are willing to put in. you may also want to put a couple of layers of clear coat on to make the paint job last longer.

p.s. im giving my sandpaper grit values based on what i can get in the uk so you might want to check your local hardware store for what type of sandpapers you can buy, but the basics remain the same; sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint with finer sandpaper every time.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Okay, thanks. The clear coat does sound like a good idea, and I'm not sure if those sandpaper values are the same, but I get the idea.

look out for a small guide im going to put up, its about painting both Metal and plastic parts of cases... only the basics with some other things

Character artist in the Games industry.

I always use hobby sprays, the ones usually good for miniatures like for Warhammer. I am partial to Montana sprays myself.

The reason for this is that they never shed because of flex. But you have to cover it in clear varnish after or it will scrape off quite easily. Games Workshop Purity Seal is an excellent matte varnish.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Read all the guides. I can reiterate that many light coats and proper prep will pay off. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice guys, really helpful.

It is also good to warm up the spray can in a bowl of warm water to enable the paint to flow easier. This will give a better spray pattern and reduce big globs that come out of the spray nozzle.

lightly sand the surface with fine grit sandpapaer, and use really thin coats.....

I always use hobby sprays, the ones usually good for miniatures like for Warhammer. I am partial to Montana sprays myself.

The reason for this is that they never shed because of flex. But you have to cover it in clear varnish after or it will scrape off quite easily. Games Workshop Purity Seal is an excellent matte varnish.

have fun paying 2k in paint on a case. citadel is expensive.

just use rustoleum or something. I personally just buy gallons, but I have a spray gun, and know how to use it.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

have fun paying 2k in paint on a case. citadel is expensive.

Montana is not. Learn to read.

Just the varnish I use is Citadel, the rest is Montana.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.