WHEA PCI/PCIE Bus Errors, what are they and should I be worried?

mancesco
Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,
3 hours ago, mancesco said:

My system is up to date with drivers, except for the BIOS which I keep on an older version as the newer ones disabled undervolting (without it this laptop runs really hot, especially in the summer).

How serious is it and what can I do about it?

Specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560

i7-7700HQ

16GB RAM DDR4

GTX 1050 4GB

512 GB SSD

Bios v1.18

Windows 10 Home 64bit (20H2)

As long u arent crashing it should be a none issue.

i had this for over 3 years, latest BIOS update fixed it. Ironically. 🤷‍♀️

You can check the vendor id of the error, if it points to Nvidia its likely exactly what i had too… but even if its not, it should not be a big issue at all, unless you notice something like slowness, sluggishness, bsods, etc…

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 and recently I noticed that HWiNFO is showing a number of WHEA PCI/PCIE Bus Errors. This never resulted in a BSOD, and I only noticed it by glancing at HWiNFO.

I tried running a few benchmarks and games after a reboot to see if they'd show up under stress, but nothing happened. So far I haven't been able to pinpoint what might trigger the error and for all I know it might be random.

My CPU is undervolted (-120mV on Core and Cache, -80mV on iGPU), I don't know if this is a factor to consider but I've had it like this for years and never had a problem. My system is up to date with drivers, except for the BIOS which I keep on an older version as the newer ones disabled undervolting (without it this laptop runs really hot, especially in the summer).

Specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560

i7-7700HQ

16GB RAM DDR4

GTX 1050 4GB

512 GB SSD

Bios v1.18

3 hours ago, mancesco said:

My system is up to date with drivers, except for the BIOS which I keep on an older version as the newer ones disabled undervolting (without it this laptop runs really hot, especially in the summer).

Specs:

Dell XPS 15 9560

i7-7700HQ

16GB RAM DDR4

GTX 1050 4GB

512 GB SSD

Bios v1.18

As long u arent crashing it should be a none issue.

i had this for over 3 years, latest BIOS update fixed it. Ironically. 🤷‍♀️

You can check the vendor id of the error, if it points to Nvidia its likely exactly what i had too… but even if its not, it should not be a big issue at all, unless you notice something like slowness, sluggishness, bsods, etc…

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

No, performance and stability haven't been affected as far as I can tell. I was worried this might be tell-tale sign of something serious.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting the exact same thing on my XPS 15 9560. I have some issues with the dGPU being unusable sometimes, needing a restart. Other than that, I don't know what else it's messing up.