Windows crashed while I was away from my PC and I don't understand what happened.

_Grid21

I had just finished stream, stepped away from my PC for dinner, came back and found my PC had rebooted. When I went to check the event viewer, I had a bunch of system logs that my PC crashed but I don't understand why or what even happened and I was hoping someone could please help me understand what happened.

To save space, I have included 3 text docs with the errors from Event Viewer, and hopefully someone can please help me get to the bottom of this.

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power.txt Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger.txt Miscrosoft Windows Kernel-PnP.txt

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Your computer restarted because of a BSOD that happened while u weren't looking. BSOD's just sometimes happen, and a majority of BSODs are just minor hickups at the very core of the OS or hardware that it is unrecoverable. Hickups happen. They are very rare, u were just unlucky today and it happened.

It happens lots more over the next couple of days come back and ask again, and provide updated log files.  

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

28 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Your computer restarted because of a BSOD that happened while u weren't looking. BSOD's just sometimes happen, and a majority of BSODs are just minor hickups at the very core of the OS or hardware that it is unrecoverable. Hickups happen. They are very rare, u were just unlucky today and it happened.

It happens lots more over the next couple of days come back and ask again, and provide updated log files.  

Ok, but I'd like to know if it's something I need to fix which is why I am concerned. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

2 hours ago, _Grid21 said:

Ok, but I'd like to know if it's something I need to fix which is why I am concerned. 

Nope, shit happens. Nothing you can do about it. 

Again, if this same thing happens multiple time in the next couple days come back here and bring updated log files. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

On 6/9/2021 at 1:36 AM, Nathanpete said:

Nope, shit happens. Nothing you can do about it. 

Again, if this same thing happens multiple time in the next couple days come back here and bring updated log files. 

Well it happened again, and Windows just reports a power loss issue, even though I have a battery back up and all the fans where spinning. However, my Screens, keyboard and mouse where all dark and all the LED lighting on my motherboard, ram, and CPU cooler went on auto "RGB" mode like. These are the log files attached below.

Also, I noticed that when I did an update for my AMD Drivers, it also created the "AMD Ryzen Power Plan" which I don't use and usually use the Windows Default "balanced" power plan. I don't know if that is the cause or not, but something I noticed. 

Kernal-PnP 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt Kernal-power 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt Kernal-power NIC Compliance 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt

On 6/14/2021 at 3:26 AM, _Grid21 said:

Well it happened again, and Windows just reports a power loss issue, even though I have a battery back up and all the fans where spinning. However, my Screens, keyboard and mouse where all dark and all the LED lighting on my motherboard, ram, and CPU cooler went on auto "RGB" mode like. These are the log files attached below.

Also, I noticed that when I did an update for my AMD Drivers, it also created the "AMD Ryzen Power Plan" which I don't use and usually use the Windows Default "balanced" power plan. I don't know if that is the cause or not, but something I noticed. 

Kernal-PnP 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt 1.31 kB · 0 downloads Kernal-power 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt 1.86 kB · 0 downloads Kernal-power NIC Compliance 6-14-2021 2-14AM.txt 1.08 kB · 0 downloads

@Radium_Angel would know more

Event viewer logs, can be useful in pointing in the right direction, but if you are getting BSoDs, those crash files are *far* more useful in determining what's going on.

Find all the crash dump files, and upload them here.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-enable-minidump-logs-in-windows-10.50/

@Nathanpete Thank you, I'll see what we can figure out.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Event viewer logs, can be useful in pointing in the right direction, but if you are getting BSoDs, those crash files are *far* more useful in determining what's going on.

Find all the crash dump files, and upload them here.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-enable-minidump-logs-in-windows-10.50/

@Nathanpete Thank you, I'll see what we can figure out.

Whenever my PC black screens, it's not creating a memory dump, it just says that same issue as I have posted from the log files. It's not outputting into a log as to why it's crashing/black out with the screens and USB devices. 

4 hours ago, _Grid21 said:

Whenever my PC black screens, it's not creating a memory dump, it just says that same issue as I have posted from the log files. It's not outputting into a log as to why it's crashing/black out with the screens and USB devices. 

That *typically* points to insufficient power to the system, something is drawing a heavy load, and it can't keep up.

How many USB devices do you have plugged in at the same time?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

That *typically* points to insufficient power to the system, something is drawing a heavy load, and it can't keep up.

Most of my usb ports are filled up because I stream and have a lot of devices I use for streaming. And there are USB devices like my Corsair AiO that has to run too. 

26 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Most of my usb ports are filled up because I stream and have a lot of devices I use for streaming. And there are USB devices like my Corsair AiO that has to run too. 

Have you considered a powered USB port?

On 6/16/2021 at 4:56 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Have you considered a powered USB port?

I have a powered USB 3.0 to PCIe card that gets extra power from my power supply which is 750Watts. There is no reason why there wouldn't be enough power flowing through my PC. Right? It's frustrated the windows logs are being specific enough to explain what's going on. 

4 hours ago, _Grid21 said:

I have a powered USB 3.0 to PCIe card that gets extra power from my power supply which is 750Watts. There is no reason why there wouldn't be enough power flowing through my PC. Right? It's frustrated the windows logs are being specific enough to explain what's going on. 

Ok, do this:

Pull every USB device except those needed for the system to function, this means use only keyboard and mouse, and AIO.

Run the system for a bit, game, and see what happens.

The Kernal Power NIC Compliance points to a bad PSU, but I am seeing some other issues on other threads (Avast being stupid, AMD drivers can cause this)

17 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, do this:

Pull every USB device except those needed for the system to function, this means use only keyboard and mouse, and AIO.

Run the system for a bit, game, and see what happens.

The Kernal Power NIC Compliance points to a bad PSU, but I am seeing some other issues on other threads (Avast being stupid, AMD drivers can cause this)

I actually don't run avast. As for the PSU, I just had it replaced my EVGA not 2 or so months ago. It got RMA-ed for a similar issue. So do I not have a high enough wattage in my computer? 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, _Grid21 said:

Change it back to windows balanced… i had this issue for the longest time, any "ryzen" power plan would crash/freeze or bsod my pc regularly (couple of times per week)

think it was eventually fixed with a bios update, but im not totally interested in finding out, i just keep using windows  balanced, nothing wrong about that…

On 6/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, Radium_Angel said:

what i noticed was the opposite, it would always crash when there was too little power, like 500mv, but it appears my cpu needs ~900mv minimum - and not clock lower than ~2000mhz…   im not entirely sure of course, but trying things out with power plans and processor states pointed strongly at that…

Also never got anything but "pc shut down unexpectedly" no error logs or anything (afaik)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 6/21/2021 at 6:15 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Change it back to windows balanced… i had this issue for the longest time, any "ryzen" power plan would crash/freeze or bsod my pc regularly (couple of times per week)

think it was eventually fixed with a bios update, but im not totally interested in finding out, i just keep using windows  balanced, nothing wrong about that…

what i noticed was the opposite, it would always crash when there was too little power, like 500mv, but it appears my cpu needs ~900mv minimum - and not clock lower than ~2000mhz…   im not entirely sure of course, but trying things out with power plans and processor states pointed strongly at that…

Also never got anything but "pc shut down unexpectedly" no error logs or anything (afaik)

Glad to know I am not the only one with this issue, but whose fault is it? Is it AMD or Windows? Or Asus Bios? 

38 minutes ago, _Grid21 said:

Glad to know I am not the only one with this issue, but whose fault is it? Is it AMD or Windows? Or Asus Bios? 

well, in the end its a Ryzen issue, because  a Bios update fixed it, but also Windows update did fix it once, at least partially, so the common thing is the CPU, but its hard to say, you could also blame the BIOS i guess… kinda hard to blame windows as they're usually  pretty good with drivers and stuff.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity