Dark Rock Pro 4 In the H510 elite?

8 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

will the Dark Rock Pro 4 fit in my H510 elite?

Yes, it will fit.

Here are some builds people did with these two parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/kpx2FT#h=171710

11 minutes ago, Ja2016 said:

Ram clearance, I'm using 2 of these but planning to put another 2 in

This memory is 31.3mm tall, while memory up to 40mm tall fits under the DRP4 and its fans, so all good here too 🙂 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i wish every company that makes a CPU cooler would like be quite and noctua would have a system that would tell if a CPU cooler was going to work inside the case. i know be quite has the compatibilty for if theirs will fit on the board or not but i am talking about will it fit inside your case.

51 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i wish every company that makes a CPU cooler would like be quite and noctua would have a system that would tell if a CPU cooler was going to work inside the case. i know be quite has the compatibilty for if theirs will fit on the board or not but i am talking about will it fit inside your case.

There are so many cases and so many different socket locations that can change compatibility within the same case that it’s probably for the best that they just give you the dimensions and you measure yourself.

For the same reason gpus usually say you need way higher wattage power supplies than you actually do, it’s so nobody tries to plug their 3090 into a 450w psu because some people would read “350w 3090 + 65w CPU = fine on 450w”.

It’s also to cover all bases, maybe someone’s system for a 3090 is an fx 9590 at 5.8ghz drawing more power than a small suburb, maybe it’s a 35w low wattage intel T series processor. So that number is to make sure everyone that reads it is covered and won’t do anything dumb.

Same applies here if there were case guidelines for a cooler, just because BeQuiet says “this will fit in XYZ case” doesn’t mean it’ll fit for the guy who has a board with a socket a half inch lower or higher, or the guy with vertical sodimms on an itx board, etc.

A lot of case manufacturers and cooler manufacturers also give lower size limitations and higher cooler heights respectively to make sure they fit in whatever due to small variances in mounting or side panels or whatever.

For example, technically the DRP4 is too large for this Rajintek Métis:

0C953A44-6631-4D77-BDA3-D4DF030DA42E.thumb.jpeg.f8c15c676a61d9d49a361f65f9b344a1.jpeg

Rajintek says 160mm max height for a cooler, bequiet says the drp4 is 163mm

Neither of those numbers are true, there’s about 6mm of room between the top of the cooler and the side panel when it’s on.

But those numbers are given to make sure nobody tries to squeeze a cooler into a case with a 1mm tolerance to work with, and it doesn’t work because of a small manufacturing defect or thicker motherboard or whatever.

Thats why you won’t see compatibility tools for case to cooler matchups any time soon, too many cases, and there’s too much variance between different systems to truly give accurate results.