DayZ Standalone problem

KieranFretwell

I have been wanting to get into the dayZ standalone game but i always have miserable fps on it. I have a 780 ti and i rarely get above 30fps with pretty low settings. But the thing is my gpu load never goes above 50% and my cpu load is decent too. In the video memory setting in dayz the highest i can choose is 2gb and i have 3gb. If somebody could shed some light on what the problem may be i would appreciate it. 

It's an alpha, and it's not optimized, for anything. I get the same performance, with a 4 year old GTX 465

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

This is a screen shot i took and in game i was getting around 30 fps. 

post-66710-0-54992400-1396397554_thumb.p

The game is very poorly optimised. They will fix majority of the bugs in Beta

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Here's another problem, the close combat system is hilariously broken.

It's an alpha, and it's not optimized, for anything. I get the same performance, with a 4 year old GTX 465

I watched a youtube video to try and get optimal settings and the guy was getting around 80 fps with a gpu half as good as mine :(

I have been wanting to get into the dayZ standalone game but i always have miserable fps on it. I have a 780 ti and i rarely get above 30fps with pretty low settings. But the thing is my gpu load never goes above 50% and my cpu load is decent too. In the video memory setting in dayz the highest i can choose is 2gb and i have 3gb. If somebody could shed some light on what the problem may be i would appreciate it. 

Use the auto detect settings and tweak them accordingly. Like for the vram use auto. 

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

DayZ works well on weird combinations of hardware. It's pretty much luck right now if you get good FPS or not. 

I watched a youtube video to try and get optimal settings and the guy was getting around 80 fps with a gpu half as good as mine :(

Also, you are better of running at max settings. It takes load off of the cpu

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

*Not finished

Yepp I was just illustrating the game is a mess, because it's in alpha. Well hopefully that's the reason.

Basically the games broken/not finished. Play the mod if you want the DayZ experience.

Another thing is, it never lets me go in 3rd person..

Possibly playing on a server that doesn't allow it.

I'm using a 680 and I get high FPS ._.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I knew it was in alpha but i thought it would at least use your gpu efficiently, im only using 1gb of memory atm.. 

google and get some cfg settings

You need to jump on a server, then head somewhere where you can just sit, then play with all your graphics settings. I don't have the exact loadout of what puts more load on the CPU vs GPU, however you will need to try both ends of the spectrum. I've read that on the Arma engine things like lower shadow settings/etc put more stress on your CPU. You need to turn those things up to place as much stress on your GPU, as the Arma engine stresses CPU's enough as it is.

It's kinda strange to think about. In this case the lower settings are not always better for FPS.

I'm in the woods right now getting 55+ on my SLI'd 760's with my settings turned up more. I haven't been to a city since sitting down and playing the adjusting game, so I'm not sure what I'm getting there.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I knew it was in alpha but i thought it would at least use your gpu efficiently, im only using 1gb of memory atm.. 

Optimizing isn't something developers do in an alpha. Think about it this way. with 90% of games all Alpha testing is done on IN HOUSE (In studio) machines, which they know the game runs fine on, and they test it there. So, no need to optimize until the important parts of the game are done. Same goes for a paid alpha, you are aware you're purchasing an alpha and should be expecting NOTHING except the fact that you can play it early. The features, and optimization should not be expected what so ever.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Use these settings, I have a 780 and it runs 50-60

post-54843-0-45253800-1396417350_thumb.jpost-54843-0-82624800-1396417354_thumb.jpost-54843-0-30766600-1396417358_thumb.j
SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

yeah that's just how it is, my duel HD 6950s never go above 50%, and it doesn't even take advantage of my second 6950

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online