B550 or B450 for a ryzen 5 3400g

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

What are your GPU options? What all would that 85,000 budget cover? CPU and motherboard, CPU motherboard and ram, CPU motherboard and GPU? 

so is a used GTX 1050 for 120 usd good

49 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The B550 chipset doesn't support that cpu. Your options are B450, X470 or X570.

Any idea how this would compare to the 4650g's APU? Their budget would allow this if the 1050>integrated. They haven't specified if RAM would need to fit into this budget also. I just don't have experience with APUs.

https://jp.pcpartpicker.com/list/JwWPnL

2 minutes ago, needagpu said:

so is a used GTX 1050 for 120 usd good

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, lee32uk said:

That cpu is hard to find for a reasonable price.

Not if you know where to look. ( <- link! )

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Any idea how this would compare to the 4650g's APU?

Here's a list of AMD APU's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_units

The Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G has Vega 7 graphics onboard. It's a little less performance over the Vega11 GPU in the 3400G, but that's a quad-core CPU while the 4650G has 6 cores. And it works OOTB on the B550 board. I don't have numbers for the 1050, but generationally, the AMD APU should leave the 1050 standing.

11 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Any idea how this would compare to the 4650g's APU? Their budget would allow this if the 1050>integrated. They haven't specified if RAM would need to fit into this budget also. I just don't have experience with APUs.

https://jp.pcpartpicker.com/list/JwWPnL

A 1050 ti is a lot faster (x2) than the 4650G according to the vid below. The 1050 is about 15% - 20% slower on average than the ti version on the 2nd link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Lm1QMbDF8

53 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

No problem, your choice. My experience is generally positive and I've actually bought from that store and got what was advertised. The few packages that didn't arrive in the (distant) past were refunded via the credit card I used to pay for them, so that wasn't an issue. Again, if one chooses not to use this platform,. fine by me. 🙂

4 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

No problem, your choice. My experience is generally positive and I've actually bought from that store and got what was advertised. The few packages that didn't arrive in the (distant) past were refunded via the credit card I used to pay for them, so that wasn't an issue. Again, if one chooses not to use this platform,. fine by me. 🙂

Never used that site myself, but I guess it works similar to ebay ? I agree it is the op's choice if he wants to buy it.