Are these compatible with ARGB/Aura Sync

mr cheese

Recently helped out my friend build his $4k dream PC but ran into the age-old issue of RGB software! Aura Sync with the ARGB headers lets him control the fan colors (he has the Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB stock case fans for now), his PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT, RAM, and Motherboard. However, he has the H150i, which only interfaces with iCUE.

I was hoping to get him into a setup that looked a little bit cleaner and integrated entirely with ASUS Aura Sync since the rest of his build save the water cooler is already synced up with it.

Leading to my question:

My recommendations were the Lian Li SL 120 fans and the EK AIO 360 Elite.

Spoiler

Before you mention it, I am aware the 6 fans on the EK AIO Elite are overkill and don't do much, save for a 1-2C temperature improvement, but for him, it's looks. He spent $4k on a PC can you blame him.

I believe the SL 120 fans can plug into the existing plugs the Lancool II offers its stock fans for RGB, so he wouldn't need a fan hub and he could plug right into his existing connections and be ready to go. Is this true?

Also the EK AIO 360 Elite comes with a fan (THANK FUCKING GOD) and I wanted to know if this was also something you could just plug into an ARGB header and be good to go?

My goal is to get all the parts of the motherboard under one software control, so if the SL120 fans use their own connections and I would need a fan hub for them, I'd like to know how to adapt them, or if the EK AIO 360 Elite's fan hub doesn't support ARGB, how to get it working with Aura Sync (since it's listed as compatible on the website)

Thank you all for your help! This is my first time working with an RGB-priority build and his first time ever so much as putting screws into a damn computer (he was using the wrong ones when I showed up) so I'm trying my best to make sure it's all streamlined and explained to him so he can take care of his computer over the years

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

23 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I was hoping to get him into a setup that looked a little bit cleaner and integrated entirely with ASUS Aura Sync since the rest of his build save the water cooler is already synced up with it.

Leading to my question:

Why not just integrate it with iCue?

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035656371-Enable-Aura-Sync-control-for-your-Corsair-RGB-memory

Before I got away from RGB I was using this to control GPU, RAM, Motherboard and fans.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035656371-Enable-Aura-Sync-control-for-your-Corsair-RGB-memory

Before I got away from RGB I was using this to control GPU, RAM, Motherboard and fans.

I tried to get that to work for a while but for some reason everything but the IO shroud were unresponsive to this, also maybe it's just me but iCUE is incredibly difficult for the both of us to use

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

5 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

this is only to use asus to sync corsair rgb ram...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

this is only to use asus to sync corsair rgb ram...

I knew I had done it at one point some how.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041797351-Set-up-ASUS-Motherboard-integration-in-iCUE

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

i heard roomers that its doable but no real proof or guide...so

and every asus bored is different they all have different rgb controllers in them...ya it might work for one but wont for another.

"If you do not see ASUS Motherboard in the DEVICES section, your motherboard is not compatible with iCUE."

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i heard roomers that its doable but no real proof or guide...so

and every asus bored is different they all have different rgb controllers in them...ya it might work for one but wont for another.

"If you do not see ASUS Motherboard in the DEVICES section, your motherboard is not compatible with iCUE."

Now I'm remembering why I went away from RGB. 

It worked for me with a Maximus Code XI

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Now I'm remembering why I went away from RGB. 

It worked for me with a Maximus Code XI

ya haha its a shit show...

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya haha its a shit show...

Yeah see, for me, I was able to control everything that is now in "Oppbevaring" minus the display on the Ryuo. Why can't they just use the same built in controller or all go by one set of software. I'll stop ranting.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

28 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Yeah see, for me, I was able to control everything that is now in "Oppbevaring" minus the display on the Ryuo. Why can't they just use the same built in controller or all go by one set of software. I'll stop ranting.

i think they were trying to use rgb software on the cheaper chip sets have less"options"  so you want more "options" you spend more money and get a better chip set....but there no guaranty that anything or any "extra options will work"

but im just guessing i no nothing about coding for rgb controllers on mbs...

if you go to some websites they list one what mbs with what chip sets and have rgb drivers for each of them...so

i keep thinking to my self would we just direct all rgb questions at the manufacturers... but some form mod will be like you cant do that...that's not what we do around here...

Edited by thrasher_565

I've learned for a fact the EK-Hub connects to a standard ARGB hub on the motherboard so that's good

3 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

I've learned for a fact the EK-Hub connects to a standard ARGB hub on the motherboard so that's good

nice...that's something right...

26 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

nice...that's something right...

better than iCUE 😂🔫 kill me

24 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

better than iCUE 😂🔫 kill me

i dont own ek loop yet but some day ill get it. i have it on amazon but no stock...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08511K34H/?coliid=IB144TKAH6X3D&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by thrasher_565

lets just say im Fu!kn nuts when it comes to rgb. i mean who the hell spend and EXTRA $120 just to have an rgb power button...

you can try theses but you have to use this software. best i can do