SAMSUNG IS AS BAD AS APPLE (MAYBE WORSE)

walis014

I know apple is trying to lock people into their ecosystem but at least your not locked into airpods and can have s decent experience with other headphones. They remove the headphone jack but don't give us good codecs to run headphones 😅. Samsung only Allows aptx and SBC , and the ultra variant supports the superior Bluetooth 5.2 but doesn't support aptx hd aptx adaptive low latency , so ur either stuck with Samsung's galaxy buds or have an inferior experience with other brands. I want to get a low latency Bluetooth earphones but can't since my s21 ultra (1.3k£) doesn't support it. I think every 

reviewer has overlooked the fact that Samsung is trying to force users to use either the old aptx , ldac which mainly Sony headphones use but not great for gaming and Samsungs proprietary sbc which gaming mode sucks. Samsung use to be the company that threw features at you but past few years they've just been going downhill. I don't even want to get started on Samsung removing multiple users from galaxy phones when it's a feature every other android phone and even galaxy tablets have.

I've never had a phone, but knowing that makes me prefer Apple a bit more. Although, it is quite easy to win me over on something, so tomorrow I could love Samsung lol.

Holy fuck Scott The Woz

8 minutes ago, Invalid Human said:

I've never had a phone, but knowing that makes me prefer Apple a bit more. Although, it is quite easy to win me over on something, so tomorrow I could love Samsung lol.

I don't love apple and I don't love Samsung I go for whichever one is the best package , but this is making me want to switch to an iPhone next year and this is coming from a 9 year Android user . 

I have a Samsung dumb phone that works well with its original charger but not with another USB one (it takes double the amount of time !).

Governments should ban such practices ! It's not good for the environment.

I can buy an Apple product because I know my a... will get kicked before I delve in , but Samsung ... no thanks.

1 minute ago, dragonfly43 said:

I have a Samsung dumb phone that works well with its original charger but not with another USB one (it takes double the amount of time !).

Governments should ban such practices ! It's not good for the environment.

I can buy an Apple product because I know my a... will get kicked before I delve in , but Samsung ... no thanks.

You just need to get a quick charge compatible one , that's not a Samsung issue if ur power brick doesn't output enough wattage and doesn't support the quick charge protical then it won't charge, try Anker ones , but there's plenty just make sure ur device supports it . A random one won't work 😅

The reason Apple products have way better audio quality over Android/PC is because Apple uses AAC in their offerings and transmits said AAC over Bluetooth to headphones that, you guessed it, have AAC. 

So your Bluetooth Audio is never recompressed. With Android and Windows, it's whatever random lossy source you're listening to getting recompressed into lossy AptX or SBC. So you end up listening to double compressed audio.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

AAC is compressed. Its comparable to AptX

So your saying Apple is better because everything is always compressed?

With Android you can play FLAC and send over LDAC to a headphone/receiver that decode LDAC. There must always be a decode/decompress and conversion to analog with wireless transmission, AAC is no exception.

And for my desktop I am using a BTA30 fed 24/192Khz via Topping D10s

Whatever Samsung does to hamper codec option is limited to their own OS

Android has native support for LDAC since Android 8

So how do we enable other aptx codecs, is it a software limitation and can I just root my phone or is it a hardware limitation. Btw Samsung supports ldac and aptx but not the newer ones . 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

AAC is compressed. Its comparable to AptX

So your saying Apple is better because everything is always compressed?

With Android you can play FLAC and send over LDAC to a headphone/receiver that decode LDAC. There must always be a decode/decompress and conversion to analog with wireless transmission, AAC is no exception.

And for my desktop I am using a BTA30 fed 24/192Khz via Topping D10s

Whatever Samsung does to hamper codec option is limited to their own OS

Android has native support for LDAC since Android 8

No, I’m saying if you listen to say… Apple Music on an iPhone to Bluetooth headphones, it doesn’t need to be transcoded and compressed a second time since Apple products support AAC over Bluetooth.

If you do the same on Android or Windows, you need to recompress the already lossy file a second time over into a new lossy SBC, AptX or whatever codec to get it to your headphones.

14 hours ago, walis014 said:

You just need to get a quick charge compatible one , that's not a Samsung issue if ur power brick doesn't output enough wattage and doesn't support the quick charge protical then it won't charge, try Anker ones , but there's plenty just make sure ur device supports it . A random one won't work 😅

The keywords are REDUCE, REUSE, REPURPOSE.

Why I can use an Apple charger for my Android Tablet but not a Samsung Charger ?

Granted, a dumb phone doesn't have to adhere to Android standard, but it's bad disregard for the environment on part of Samsung. Do you think that I will buy a new charger for my dumb phone again, in case I lost or damaged it ?

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Or perhaps you are.

From the article:

Does AAC Bluetooth pass AAC lossless files untouched?

God only knows what they’re encoding to. “AAC lossless” isn’t a thing AFAIK. They conveniently omit whatever bitrate they were using (along with their entire testing methodology and equipment). 

One would assume that the author’s made up “AAC lossless” is running at an obscene bitrate and obviously would need to be encoded to something more manageable over Bluetooth. Duh. That however has nothing to do with passing over Apple Music’s 256Kbit AAC which would be entirely manageable wirelessly.

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The AAC fileformat source has nothing to do with bluetooth AAC transmission codec. This is made clear in the article.

Citation needed. That's nowhere in the article and as far as I can tell, absolutely nowhere in official documentation.

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

And if you said Apple's source is 256Kbps, then you have already admitted to compression being required...

LDAC allows for way higher transmission rate. Your argument that Apple products have better audio quality is full of holes.

Yeah, except I was never talking about lossless. I specifically mentioned lossy music. Not sure why you're bringing up LDAC, I suppose so you can still grasp at some sort of perceived victory in debate by moving goalposts. 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

11 minutes ago, dragonfly43 said:

Why I can use an Apple charger for my Android Tablet but not a Samsung Charger ?

Granted, a dumb phone doesn't have to adhere to Android standard, but it's bad disregard for the environment on part of Samsung. Do you think that I will buy a new charger for my dumb phone again, in case I lost or damaged it ?

It's not a Samsung thing😅 you can't expect everything to work for everything it isn't universal .  Eg. Charging speeds have increased quickly in the past few years , you can't expect a 120w charger to be able to charge any phone at 120w and vice versa , and u gotta realise some companies like OnePlus Vivo xioami have proprietary charging tech compared to Samsung who uses Qualcomm's quick charge standard . I'm not defending Samsung but I think the way they handle charging is good , especially after the note 7 fiasco . 

2 hours ago, dragonfly43 said:

Also clarify what you mean apple charger do you mean 5w charger charging a Samsung device at max speed because that is false , apples inbox charger doesn't even charge their own phone at max speed , if u bought one from their website that is certified 20w which is what they normally sell then yes that will charge your galaxy/Samsung  I'm pretty sure at max speed, not everything works with everything this is tech , but Samsung's deliberate bottlenecking of the Bluetooth standard I disagree with and I hope we can find a way to fix it 

1 hour ago, walis014 said:

Also clarify what you mean apple charger do you mean 5w charger charging a Samsung device at max speed because that is false , apples inbox charger doesn't even charge their own phone at max speed , if u bought one from their website that is certified 20w which is what they normally sell then yes that will charge your galaxy/Samsung  I'm pretty sure at max speed, not everything works with everything this is tech , but Samsung's deliberate bottlenecking of the Bluetooth standard I disagree with and I hope we can find a way to fix it 

It looks like we are not on the same frequency.

I think of the envrironment. You think of the technical specs.

I own (inherit) bunches of phones, tablets, iPad 2 ... from the kids --- everything , with proper cables, work with everything else, except that Samsung. Should I mention with that charger you can't even disconnect the cable, and replace it with another one. 

No , I won't buy any charger, not any new devices soon, especially a Samsung.

7 hours ago, dragonfly43 said:

It looks like we are not on the same frequency.

I think of the envrironment. You think of the technical specs.

I own (inherit) bunches of phones, tablets, iPad 2 ... from the kids --- everything , with proper cables, work with everything else, except that Samsung. Should I mention with that charger you can't even disconnect the cable, and replace it with another one. 

Your talking environment from Apple who gives fk all for the environment . No.1 chargers can disconnect , I don't know what kind of chargers your buying , no.2 buy the correct charger for your device , I'm not talking technical specs I'm talking you can't expect one thing to work for everything , and if u get slower charging speeds because your not using the right charger doesn't stop that charger from working so if you care about the environment keep using the wrong charger lol.

On 6/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, dragonfly43 said:

Should I mention with that charger you can't even disconnect the cable, and replace it with another one. 

What are you talking about? "Charger you can't disconnect the cable", huh? I've been buying Android phones for ages, from Sony/LG/Xiaomi/Huawei/Samsung, and I've yet to come across what you'd mentioned. I now have two Samsung smart phones, and a Xiaomi Mi Max 3, and I don't have that issue you'd mentioned. You sure you didn't make this up just to diss Samsung?🤨

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It's a Samsung A847R. I now use an ... iPhone 5S, also given to me by my daughter.

By the way that charger does not irritate me that much, except when we travel - instead of one or two chargers, and bunches of cables I have to carry a few. 

The advantage of that phone is it's considered a gift to some pickpockets lurking around in some tourist hotspots.

Maybe they might not even be interested in stealing one like that.😅

Samsung A847R.png

Ah, I see, I didn't know about that, but seeing the micro-USB cable, I kinda figured it was old. Checked and found that it was released some ten years back, I'm surprised it works at all actually. The oldest phone I have right now is the Sony Z5 Premium, it's about 5+ years since I'd gotten it and it still works, though the SD 810 chipset is showing its age.

I'm now almost an exclusive Samsung user with a Note 10+ and Z Fold 2, I won't be doing any upgrading this year and Fold 3 has nothing that I want over Fold 2, other than the IP rating. As for the Samsung as bad (even worse than) Apple comparison, there's no comparison at all in my mind. Apple has a walled-garden ecosystem that locks everything, and I do mean everything (both hardware - as they make their own phones - and software), whereas Samsung still has to work within an open Android system much like Sony/Xiaomi/Moto/Oppo/Google/etc

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

On 6/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, Invalid Human said:

The funny thing is you should basically go with anything  else, Samsung and Apple are the worst options.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity