So when nvidia says rtx 3080ti will be released June 3rd… where?!

CaptainRye

How do they usually release things? Is there a store I can camp outside of? Should I keep refreshing the nvidia website store?

it's a paper launch. they're all paper launches. 

if there is stock, nvidia's site would have the founders edition, and links to partner sites like best buy, amazon, etc. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

6 minutes ago, CaptainRye said:

Is there a store I can camp outside of?

Assuming you're in the US, the only store you can actually camp outside of for a graphics card launch is MicroCenter. Best Buy always has graphics cards available for purchase on launch day, but always online.

7 minutes ago, CaptainRye said:

Should I keep refreshing the nvidia website store?

No. NVIDIA no longer sells graphics card directly from their store.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

3 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

No. NVIDIA no longer sells graphics card directly from their store.

have they stopped selling even founder's edition cards now?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

They're still selling Founder's Edition cards (for now). They've just stopped selling them via their store after the abysmal 3080/3090 launch in September.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 hour ago, VioDuskar said:

They stopped selling them in eu several months ago, not sure about elsewhere or if theyre now.selling them again, but i doubt it.

And if they do then probably just a few hundred because 

2 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

it's a paper launch.

this is illegal in the EU

But if they sell just a few its not really  a paper launch anymore, i guess? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

They stopped selling them in eu several months ago, not sure about elsewhere or if theyre now.selling them again, but i doubt it.

if they sell a single card, is it no longer a paper launch? 
it might as well be a paper launch right?

thus, I call it like I see it. 

in the UK they sell them via Scan.co.uk but you have to go via the Nvidia site

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

44 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

if they sell a single card, is it no longer a paper launch? 
it might as well be a paper launch right?

thus, I call it like I see it. 

yup i dont know how many, but likely  a "reasonable" amount.

And im just saying how Nvidia probably sees it and is trying to skirt regulations. 😛

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

Assuming you're in the US, the only store you can actually camp outside of for a graphics card launch is MicroCenter.

I called my local Micro Center and they recommended arriving at 8am (2 hours before they open) and waiting. I’ll go and see what happens… I don’t see any Founders editions of previous cards on their website so I hope they have decent third party cards lol

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

The 3080/3090 was seen as a paper launch too but it wasn't as they were selling extreme amounts of units and were sold out day one. At best the same will happen here too.

Theres a reason they said 9th June, and never specified which year 😂

But yeah good luck getting one, every retailer in our country has pulled 3090's & 3080's from their lists because they just can't stock them. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Ebay.

On any official store it's going to be "coming soon" directly to "out of stock".

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.