mini-LED MacBook Pro shipments expected to ship in third quarter.

we could see mini-LED on MacBook Pro model, which are reportedly are being launched at the upcoming WWDC event, they will also feature a new design and colours (probably) and also ports and MagSafe are making a comeback, they will also have next generation Apple M series ARM CPU, (M1X).

Quotes

According to an overnight report from Digitimes, Apple suppliers are planning for third-quarter shipments of components for the new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models. The new laptops will feature mini-LED displays for the first time,

The third-quarter release date is roughly inline with expectations. Apple leaker Jon Prosser has said that the new MacBook Pro will be announced at WWDC next week.

they will also feature a new external chassis design.

mini-LED displays enable higher contrast and brightness than standard LED-backlit LCD panels, approaching OLED-quality when watching HDR content like TV shows and movies. However, the display technology inherently exhibits a backlight bloom effect in certain conditions, which some users find distracting.

These machines are believed to feature higher performance Apple silicon than the current generation M1 chip. Colloquially referred to as ‘M1X’

Bloomberg reported the MacBook Pro chip would feature 8 high-performance CPU cores, up to 32 GPU cores, and support up to 64 GB RAM.

My thoughts

This is very exciting news, I think the mini-LED is awesome(based on reviews I saw), the blacks are incredible, and also it prevents burn-in, which is a major concern with using OLED. Although Apple reportedly will use OLED for their iPad lineup next year according to some reports.

Sources

9to5Mac - https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/01/mini-led-macbook-pro-shipments-reportedly-expected-in-third-quarter/

16 hours ago, CLOUD1015 said:

Quotes

My thoughts

This is very exciting news, I think the mini-LED is awesome(based on reviews I saw), the blacks are incredible, and also it prevents burn-in, which is a major concern with using OLED. Although Apple reportedly will use OLED for their iPad lineup next year according to some reports.

Sources

9to5Mac - https://9to5mac.com/2021/06/01/mini-led-macbook-pro-shipments-reportedly-expected-in-third-quarter/

I would doubt that they'll move to OLED now that they have mini-LED and it's already been implemented in the Pro Display XDR and Liquid Retina XDR displays.

I gather they are likely to create segmentation using mini-LED displays and leave entry devices on their current excellent IPS technology.

How does Mini-LED power consumption compare to their current tech? If they can widen the battery life gap even further it would be an awesome selling point. 

That's an F in the profile pic

Heeeey good that i did not get myself a M1 for work yet then, guess we will have to wait to atleast over the summer and see what shows up. Cause the battery life alone is worth it for me.