Question about taxes. Filed but not charged

oskar23

HEY.

I filed taxes on May 12th via credit karma and both federal and state were accepted. I owed taxes so I was charged federal tax from my account ( on May 17th ) but still state wasnt charged and i already got letter saying i owe them money and already have fees. Does anyone can make any sense of that? Why wasnt I charged?

Because they get to charge you fees, and get more out of you, for being "late" at paying it by not taking it right away.

Just pay it manually if you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Question is if i pay manually wont i be charged again later on via credit karma? 

12 hours ago, oskar23 said:

Question is if i pay manually wont i be charged again later on via credit karma? 

12 hours ago, oskar23 said:

HEY.

I filed taxes on May 12th via credit karma and both federal and state were accepted. I owed taxes so I was charged federal tax from my account ( on May 17th ) but still state wasnt charged and i already got letter saying i owe them money and already have fees. Does anyone can make any sense of that? Why wasnt I charged?

My sister turned her taxes in early this year. The IRS owes them like $8K. There taxes haven’t been received or processed yet according to the IRS. They actually sent them in twice to be sure they didn’t get lost. The IRS told them to expect them process by the time they file taxes next year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.