Kids shouldn't watch YouTube (not even YouTube kids)

VirusDumb

Screenshot_2021-05-31-18-05-36-10.thumb.jpg.74bf7c0460f6ef0114ec6b88a852eca3.jpgthis is exactly what Satan's kids would make for their school project.

Kids are fine watching YouTube. Parents just need to make sure they're doing their due diligence to monitor what the kids are watching. With that being said, this is wild, lol. 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I've always been of the opinion that kids should just stay off the internet untill like.. 10? 12 whatever. 

Exposing them to the internet has always had risks, even with many safety things like 'youtube kids' you still get weird stuff like that. It isnt harmful, its just very weird.

The ammount of actual kids on TikTok is horrible. Doing trends and what not. some are harmless but some are already promoting a certain body image/political image etc. 

Kids will believe everything.

7 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

I've always been of the opinion that kids should just stay off the internet untill like.. 10? 12 whatever.

Even tho I'm a teenager myself, I'd never let my kids (if I have any) use internet before  they are 13

I'm not that old myself. but i work at a school where we have kids ranging from 12-19

seeing 12 year olds on tiktok haunts me. 

28 minutes ago, GreatnessRD said:

Kids are fine watching YouTube. Parents just need to make sure they're doing their due diligence to monitor what the kids are watching. With that being said, this is wild, lol. 

Pretty much this.  It doesn't matter what the medium is, kids should have some supervision up to a certain age.  Even in the days of cable kids could gasp change the channel and then next thing you know your child is watching NYPD Blue before bed time.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

9 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Pretty much this.  It doesn't matter what the medium is, kids should have some supervision up to a certain age.  Even in the days of cable kids could gasp change the channel and then next thing you know your child is watching NYPD Blue before bed time.

When I started browsing internet in 2014 as a kid the first thing I came across is gameplay videos, and the second is Papa Franku's videos even tho filthy frank is infamous for making vomit and hair cakes, homophobic content,(still we love him) his content is totally normal and acceptable as compared to this

-= Topic Locked =- 
For lacking substance for a proper discussion. 

*Sidenote: as a parent myself I disagree with your opinion, but I also agree to a small degree. This quote hit the point and well said.

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

Kids are fine watching YouTube. Parents just need to make sure they're doing their due diligence to monitor what the kids are watching.

I mind what my children do and watch, and they are allowed to do what they want as long as it is age appropriate. 

@SeAsOn3 I will tell you that when you reach the age of adulthood and then again as a parent your decisions will change. I know you will say they wont but ... they will.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER