Add "Multipost" or similar reason to reporting submenu

WhitetailAni

I'm sure we all know about the people who post their topic multiple times, whether they're all next to one another in separate subforums, or reposted 5+ minutes later because no one replied, or reposted in General Discussion because no one replied.

However, under the Report button, there's no "Multipost" reason for reporting, as seen here:

Spoiler

image.png.3d83402585082f380b50675fe95d9a00.png

Currently what I do is I select "Something else" and then type in "double post", "triple post", etc., with links to their old posts (if necessary, I don't link if you can see both posts on the sidebar).

Unless there's a report reason limit, could a reason titled "Multipost", "User posted topic multiple times", etc. be added?

elephants

17 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I'm sure we all know about the people who post their topic multiple times, whether they're all next to one another in separate subforums, or reposted 5+ minutes later because no one replied, or reposted in General Discussion because no one replied.

However, under the Report button, there's no "Multipost" reason for reporting, as seen here:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3d83402585082f380b50675fe95d9a00.png

Currently what I do is I select "Something else" and then type in "double post", "triple post", etc., with links to their old posts (if necessary, I don't link if you can see both posts on the sidebar).

Unless there's a report reason limit, could a reason titled "Multipost", "User posted topic multiple times", etc. be added?

As in people double posting their threads like 2 minutes apart in two different subtopics, i.e. General Discussion and Troubleshooting. I'd love this to be added. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Main reason for categories (imo) is for us to classify and quickly see things. For some of them (like bot spam) there's also auto-moderation added. To this, both Doesn't meet guidelines and Pointless content are enough, or Something else and tell what it is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Main reason for categories (imo) is for us to classify and quickly see things. For some of them (like bot spam) there's also auto-moderation added. To this, both Doesn't meet guidelines and Pointless content are enough, or Something else and tell what it is.

I was thinking of it more as a convenience feature. Currently, to report a double post I have to type in "double post", then hit submit. If there's a "User posted thread multiple times" I don't have to use my keyboard at all, which is really handy a lot of the time. If one of your hands is busy it's not hard to move and click, but it takes awhile to type "double post" with only one hand.

elephants

9 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I was thinking of it more as a convenience feature. Currently, to report a double post I have to type in "double post", then hit submit. If there's a "User posted thread multiple times" I don't have to use my keyboard at all, which is really handy a lot of the time. If one of your hands is busy it's not hard to move and click, but it takes awhile to type "double post" with only one hand.

The other side of the coin is that we don't want that list become too wide. So I would say rather than have completely own, group it with "posted to wrong section" etc. There's already 8+1 options in that list.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv