Budget headset recommendations

Suza

Greetings people. I'm in need of some headset recommendations as my good ol' g430 years have finally caught up. I can't hear any sounds in the left-side of it unless I put the wire in a certain position.

Can't complain though, it has been with me three years and went through some good falls. Amazing sound quality and all.

Therefore, I need a new headset. I could technically get the same one ( G433 since the G430 isn't on amazon anymore and I presume they're almost identical, maybe just a slightly updated version ).

But I'd like to check the other options as well since there are probably better ones nowadays.

The price range I'm looking at would be under 85€ if possible. I don't want to spend more because I've got only two kidneys. 50€ would be the perfect price, but I don't mind if I have to go slightly higher.

Worth mentioning that I don't have a DAC / AMP setup, so keep it in mind.

The headset I'm looking for has to have a microphone ( a decent one ), as I don't have a standalone one, and the best audio quality possible ( for its price of course ). Apart from playing videogames, I also enjoy listening to music so I'd like something decent for that as well. It should be something like the G430 in terms of quality since I'm happy with it.

I was looking around for some options and I've come across a few of 'em: 

- Logitech G Pro X.

- Razer Kraken X.

- Corsair HS35.

- Fnatic React.

- G433 ( this would be the last but also best option, since I know its quality and wouldn't be let down  ).

Let me know about the ones I've mentioned. Other suggestions are appreciated, but keep in mind that I'm from Italy ( and I use amazon, I don't really want to use anything else ), so some options might be either unavailable or more expensive.

6 minutes ago, Suza said:

Greetings people. I'm in need of some headset recommendations as my good ol' g430 years have finally caught up. I can't hear any sounds in the left-side of it unless I put the wire in a certain position.

Can't complain though, it has been with me three years and went through some good falls. Amazing sound quality and all.

Therefore, I need a new headset. I could technically get the same one ( G433 since the G430 isn't on amazon anymore and I presume they're almost identical, maybe just a slightly updated version ).

But I'd like to check the other options as well since there are probably better ones nowadays.

The price range I'm looking at would be under 85€ if possible. I don't want to spend more because I've got only two kidneys. 50€ would be the perfect price, but I don't mind if I have to go slightly higher.

Worth mentioning that I don't have a DAC / AMP setup, so keep it in mind.

The headset I'm looking for has to have a microphone ( a decent one ), as I don't have a standalone one, and the best audio quality possible ( for its price of course ). Apart from playing videogames, I also enjoy listening to music so I'd like something decent for that as well. It should be something like the G430 in terms of quality since I'm happy with it.

I was looking around for some options and I've come across a few of 'em: 

- Logitech G Pro X.

- Razer Kraken X.

- Corsair HS35.

- Fnatic React.

- G433 ( this would be the last but also best option, since I know its quality and wouldn't be let down  ).

Let me know about the ones I've mentioned. Other suggestions are appreciated, but keep in mind that I'm from Italy ( and I use amazon, I don't really want to use anything else ), so some options might be either unavailable or more expensive.

Maybe it's too expensive but the Steelseries Arctis Pro + GameDAC has fantastic audio (when using the 24bit mode) and the mic is alright too. 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

MH751's go for your upper bracket price every month or so. Wait for that and get those.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Maybe it's too expensive but the Steelseries Arctis Pro + GameDAC has fantastic audio (when using the 24bit mode) and the mic is alright too. 

Seems good, but it's waaaay out of my budget, it's around 250€. Maybe one day though.

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

MH751's go for your upper bracket price every month or so. Wait for that and get those.

I've heard good things about it, might as well wait for the price drop ( 90€ as of now ) unless I find more interesting options for lower. Thank you for the suggestion.

Cloud 2's are always a safe bet, you should be able to find those on sale for 80ish 

57 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Cloud 2's are always a safe bet, you should be able to find those on sale for 80ish 

Mh752's or 751's are more refined and worth it.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Update: Ended up getting the HyperX Cloud 2. The MH751/MH752 were out of stock and really needed a new headset. I'm pretty happy with it not gonna lie. Can't complain.