Any tips for keeping PC dry in monsoon,

Any tips on how to keep PC dampness free in monsoon?

The room where my PC is well ventilated. I have kept 3-4 silica gels inside my PC infront of the front intakes but I doubt if they would help.

Dehumidifier is not an option as I am working on 50% salary now 馃槩

Here is the current weather report.

IMG_20210527_220913.thumb.jpg.3cf7320eb27421682c3b1395c1a015fb.jpg

PC Specs:

x570 Asrock

Ryzen 3600

Zotac GTX card, model not known

Lian Li 215 Case

3x Intake, 3x exhaust(2 via AIO)

Deepcool 240mm AIO

IMG_20210527_221634.thumb.jpg.458df96487afb3a389ea50cd454dd460.jpg

Stuff some dry rice in a sock and put it in there?聽聽

AMD Ryzen 5800X|聽 Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6聽Corsair SP120L聽fans聽 |聽 Asus聽Crosshair VII WiFi聽X470聽 |聽 G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB@ 3800MHz聽14-14-14-14-30聽 |聽 EVGA聽3080 FTW3 Hybrid聽 |聽聽Samsung 970 EVO M.2聽NVMe聽500GB -聽Boot Drive聽 |聽 Samsung 850 EVO聽SSD 1TB - Game Drive聽 |聽 Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive聽 |聽 EVGA 650 G3 PSU |聽Thermaltake Core P3 Case聽

I do not know how bad monsoon gets but as long as the pc is inside you should be fine, just keeps the air in the room moving. I hope this helps!

Humidity usually isn't an issue unless you have your PC below the ambient temperature(impossible unless you are running some kind of chiller). Other then that keep it physically dry and away from rain(obviously).

You might notice your system temps higher then usual. But your cooler is well over what a Ryzen 5 3600 needs so there should be no problems.

12 minutes ago, Sir_Doge said:

Any tips on how to keep PC dampness free in monsoon?

The room where my PC is well ventilated. I have kept 3-4 silica gels inside my PC infront of the front intakes but I doubt if they would help.

Dehumidifier is not an option as I am working on 50% salary now 馃槩

Here is the current weather report.

IMG_20210527_220913.thumb.jpg.3cf7320eb27421682c3b1395c1a015fb.jpg

PC Specs:

x570 Asrock

Ryzen 3600

Zotac GTX card, model not known

Lian Li 215 Case

3x Intake, 3x exhaust(2 via AIO)

Deepcool 240mm AIO

IMG_20210527_221634.thumb.jpg.458df96487afb3a389ea50cd454dd460.jpg

As was previously mentioned, should be pretty fine. If it gets too intense, You'll probably want to shut down your computer and just wait it out. Shouldn't be a problem unless say, your window or door breaks open and聽water starts blowing in, some of which is directed at your pc.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times.聽

Motherboard Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 聽 聽聽How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽Common pc building mistakes聽
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽How to Overclock your CPU聽

Don't worry about it

Just don't put it by the window side and let it get rained on like one of my friends and you should be good

Humidity is not a problem as long as your PC doesn't go below ambient temp

In fact, when your PC is operating, it heats up the air, so the air wants to absorb more moisture and so the insides of your PC is probably gonna be very very dry

And yes the silica gel is pointless, it simply can't process the volume of air that goes through a PC

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Assuming we're just worried about high humidity, I'd not worry about humidity harming a PC so long as it didn't also involve temperatures that caused water condensation.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio,聽Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7聽4790, Asus聽B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel聽E5-2603v2,聽Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5聽
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel聽i3 3250, Asus聽P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock聽775i65G聽r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

23 minutes ago, 0611zman said:

I do not know how bad monsoon gets but as long as the pc is inside you should be fine, just keeps the air in the room moving. I hope this helps!

Yes the room is well ventilated and air is circulated in the room.

24 minutes ago, Mao_Zedong01 said:

Humidity usually isn't an issue unless you have your PC below the ambient temperature(impossible unless you are running some kind of chiller). Other then that keep it physically dry and away from rain(obviously).

You might notice your system temps higher then usual. But your cooler is well over what a Ryzen 5 3600 needs so there should be no problems.

Yes system temps are 5-6C above ambient all the time.

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Don't worry about it

Just don't put it by the window side and let it get rained on like one of my friends and you should be good

Humidity is not a problem as long as your PC doesn't go below ambient temp

In fact, when your PC is operating, it heats up the air, so the air wants to absorb more moisture and so the insides of your PC is probably gonna be very very dry

And yes the silica gel is pointless, it simply can't process the volume of air that goes through a PC

Its beside a big @$$ window but it stays closed 365 days so no issues there plus there is a porch infront of the window so there is no direct splashing of rain.

4 minutes ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Assuming we're just worried about high humidity, I'd not worry about humidity harming a PC so long as it didn't also involve temperatures that caused water condensation.

No water condensation, just everything has a bit of dampness to it because of high humidity. PC's inside is dry and outside metal and plastic parts are cold @ambient temps, which is around 28C.