Opinions! My third build (In Planning Stage) to last me a while!

Hi Everyone from the not sunny near summertime UK,

Not new here, been here before with a different account but I'm back and just wanted to see people opinions on a build I'm planning which is my third. I've gone quiet some time between builds, starting off with my first a AMD Bulldozer and GTX 550ti build, to my current which is i7-87700k paired with a GTX 770 & 16bg of Corsair LP Vengeance RAM which really does not like doing much rendering and bits a bobs in UE4 and Cry Engine or gaming unless everything is on low. So I am planning a small upgrade!

Bearing in mind the shortages and price hikes and the fact I am right now profoundly job hunting (hoping to get one soon with The Royal Mail!) this is just a plan! Obviously with the market atm and also the roadmaps CPU's & GPU's and the looks of PCIE 5 and DDR5 coming, this will be based on what's currently out even if its not available!

Budget (including currency): £££ (GPB) Kind of Unknown! (Gonna Be A While With The Price Hikes!!)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All Gaming, Hobby Unreal Engine & Cry Engine, 3D, CSS, HTML5, C++ ETC. (Use to work in IT so i like self learning stuff that interests me!)

Other details: Existing Recent Parts I'm Keeping: Samsung Evo 970+ 1TB M.2 (Current boot drive), and my so nice 4 day old Corsair 5000x case!

My plan for new parts are (at the moment!):

AMD Ryzen 5950X

Asus ROG Crosshair 8 Formula or Dark Hero or Normal Hero (Normal Hero due to the Dark getting rid of the chipset fan)

Corsair iCue H150i Elite- (but swapping the ML120 fans for the SP120 Elites)

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 32GB 3600MHz (Leaves me room to add another 32gb set if needed)

Samsung 870 QVO 2TB SSD

Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB (PCIE-4) (Upgraded Boot Drive)

GTX 3090 (If i have to beat to death a crypto miner for one i will haha!)

Lastly of course PSU, so i was thinking 1000w maybe the Corsair RM series or the Asus Strix 1000w

Fully open to constructive criticism and everyone's opinions is warmly welcome.

Looks fine. I imagine there's a better drive than the 870 QVO though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Looks fine. I imagine there's a better drive than the 870 QVO though.

Yeah i did look about but its quiet reasonably priced here in the UK, plus its only a storage drive, was looking a 4tb 2.5 SSD's but they shoot up in price.

You can save money on the motherboard. Both of those X570 ones are overkill. A good B550 board like the MSI B550 Gaming Edge will easily handle a 16 core cpu. 

If you are swapping out the aio fans you might as well get a less expensive pump and radiator. (The SP120 Elite 3 pack comes with a Lighting Node Pro.)

You can probably get a reasonably decent 2TB NVMe drive for less than the SATA Samsung 860 QVO.

If you were buying today I'd suggest a good high-end B550 motherboard. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.