Stuggeling to find the right monitor

Justmeforfun

Hi there,

I don't post here much if at all but I've been looking at monitors for the past 2 days or so and I can't seem to find what I want. So I'm simply asking for some suggestions.

PC Specs:

- i7-8700k

- 32gb DDR4 ram

- Asus RTX 3090

I currently have 3 1080p 144Hz monitors which where great when I had my GTX 1080 but I got a bit more horsepower now so I would like to make use of it.

How will I be using them:
I'll be playing games on the middle screen while having other stuff open on the other 2 monitors. For this reason I don't want an ultrawide or curved monitors cuz while those are great for surround gaming, that's not how I'll be using them.

What am I looking for (per monitor):
Min: 1440p ----------------- Preferred: Anything above 1440p if it fits in the budget

Min: 120Hz ----------------- Preferred: 144Hz or higher

Min: DisplayHDR400 ----- Preferred: DisplayHDR600 or higher

Max size: 27" (max size supported by the VESA mount I have)
Compatible with the 100mm x 100mm VESA mount standard

What kind of panel the monitor has doesn't really matter to me as long as it looks pretty and it can hit the specs listed above

I would like to get 3 of the exact same monitor while staying within my budget. The looks or brand of the monitor don't matter to me at all.

What's the budget:
My target budget is about 1500 euros, 2000 euros is the absolute max.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

Gigabyte M27Q seems to cover the requirements.

I edit my posts more often than not

So, 4K 144Hz sadly is out because of budget reasons. But this will make most of your 3090.

The next best option is 3 1440p high refresh monitors.

The currently best 27" 1440p 144Hz+ monitor where 3 of the same would fit in your budget is the LG 27GP850.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

So, 4K 144Hz sadly is out because of budget reasons. But this will make most of your 3090.

The next best option is 3 1440p high refresh monitors.

The currently best 27" 1440p 144Hz+ monitor where 3 of the same would fit in your budget is the LG 27GP850.

Okay, the monitors I have still work and I can wait a couple of months to get new ones so I can save up more. How much do you think 4k 144Hz would cost me? If it's not terribly much more I rather wait to get the good stuff then get something Meh now

32 minutes ago, Justmeforfun said:

Okay, the monitors I have still work and I can wait a couple of months to get new ones so I can save up more. How much do you think 4k 144Hz would cost me? If it's not terribly much more I rather wait to get the good stuff then get something Meh now

If you want to go with something really good, then the LG 27GP950 will be it. It should cost around 850€ each.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

If you want to go with something really good, then the LG 27GP950 will be it. It should cost around 850€ each.

850 ain't too bad, that would bring the total to 2550. After my GTX 1080 killed itself I survived 7 months without a GPU (waited for the 3090's to restock) so I think I can survived 2-3 more months of saving as well xD

Thanks a ton for your suggestions 😄

Make sure you check your ports, because my 3090 (Strix) has 3 DisplayPort 1.4 outputs and 2 HDMI 2.1 outputs -- so that limits your 3-identical-monitor setup to DisplayPort 1.4. With that, you may not want to spend all the money on the LG 27GP950 because one of the reasons it's so expensive is that it touts the new HDMI 2.1 ports, which if you are running 3, your graphics card may not support.

You should be able to find some 4k 144hz monitors that run DisplayPort 1.4. I have the Acer Predator XB273K, and it performs very well. Sadly it's also quite expensive ... heck most monitors are hard to find right now in the 4k 144hz range.

1 hour ago, p0tat0stix said:

Make sure you check your ports, because my 3090 (Strix) has 3 DisplayPort 1.4 outputs and 2 HDMI 2.1 outputs -- so that limits your 3-identical-monitor setup to DisplayPort 1.4. With that, you may not want to spend all the money on the LG 27GP950 because one of the reasons it's so expensive is that it touts the new HDMI 2.1 ports, which if you are running 3, your graphics card may not support.

You should be able to find some 4k 144hz monitors that run DisplayPort 1.4. I have the Acer Predator XB273K, and it performs very well. Sadly it's also quite expensive ... heck most monitors are hard to find right now in the 4k 144hz range.

The LG 27GP950 does have DisplayPort 1.4 though and my 3090 has the same ports as yours. So if that was your concern then don't worry, if that wasn't your concern I may not fully understand what is.

Regardless of that I wanna thank you for pointing it out, never hurts to double check 🙂

9 minutes ago, Justmeforfun said:

The LG 27GP950 does have DisplayPort 1.4 though and my 3090 has the same ports as yours. So if that was your concern then don't worry, if that wasn't your concern I may not fully understand what is.

Regardless of that I wanna thank you for pointing it out, never hurts to double check 🙂

Yeah, you're right and good point. Also, I'm not sure that monitor has HDMI 2.1 anyway, I may have been thinking of a different monitor. Good luck in your search!