Can a case be too large?

VelikiPCguy

Hey all, I'm a new PC builder and I'm trying to decide on the size of my case. On the one hand I know you want it to be spacious enough to be able to put all the components together, give them some breathing room, install your fans / radiators / piping, etc., but I've also read that having it too big can create "deadzones" of hot air in or around the case which can actually hurt performance.

How does one decide?

For reference, I'm using a single 3090 GPU, X570 Aorus Master mobo, and 360mm AIO cooling.

Thanks! 

I think you would have to go WAY WAY to big for that to ever be a factor, and even so you could just fill more fan spots to move the air

4 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I think you would have to go WAY WAY to big for that to ever be a factor, and even so you could just fill more fan spots to move the air

So like if the choice is between full ATX and mid-ATX, which would you go for, and why?

Depends on what your preference is and what you wanna use for gear. I personally always go big because I can fill it with more stuff without it being crowded and I like open loops so having space is always easier to work with. Also depends on what kinda physical space you have for your computer

did some one say big case? well only reason i can think of having a big case is for rads. in terms of air cooling smaller the better WITH good air flow. as long as the fans get proper amount of air having the parts closer to it will benefit but too close can cause the fans to be starved for air.  not only that a can up agents a rad or grill will make more nose vs no grill or rad so a open hole in front is the best.

pc update 006.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links