Motherboard for i7-3820

Hi, which motherboard compatible with i7-3820? 

Does it need X79 board?

The Core i7-3820 is an LGA 2011 CPU, and requires an X79 board.

While X99 is also LGA 2011, it has a different socket mounting mechanism and is not compatible.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

The Core i7-3820 is an LGA 2011 CPU, and requires an X79 board.

While X99 is also LGA 2011, it has a different socket mounting mechanism and is not compatible.

Thanks. Is it okay to use it on a cheap OEM X79 board? 

Just now, Curesto said:

Thanks. Is it okay to use it on a cheap OEM X79 board? 

What boar dare you thinking about?

Id generally stay away from the cheap x79 boards being made these day.

Also ithe xeons for lga 2011 are much faster and pretty cheap, so thats what id get here.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What boar dare you thinking about?

Id generally stay away from the cheap x79 boards being made these day.

Also ithe xeons for lga 2011 are much faster and pretty cheap, so thats what id get here.

The chinese Huananzhi X79 board. Couldn't find any X79 from Asus or Gigabyte on local used market. If there's a one, it's so expensive for some reason.

Just now, Curesto said:

The chinese Huananzhi X79 board. Couldn't find any X79 from Asus or Gigabyte on local used market. If there's a one, it's so expensive for some reason.

DO you have the cpu already? Is this for a new build?

Id probably stay away from those boards, as they can have weird issues, and likely aren't built well.

And with that cpu, you might as well just get a lga 1155 or 1150 used system. They would be about the same cost and speed..

DO you have the cpu already? Is this for a new build?

Id probably stay away from those boards, as they can have weird issues, and likely aren't built well.

And with that cpu, you might as well just get a lga 1155 or 1150 used system. They would be about the same cost and speed..

Didn't get CPU yet. I'm just looking for a upgrade from my Xeon X5450 as it not enough anymore.

Also, i've heard there's 8C/16T Xeons on X79, i can't remembed exact model. Can i play games and use Adobe programs for Editing and rendering?

I think i'll try to find an 3770K and P67 or Z68 board for a good price.

1 minute ago, Curesto said:

Didn't get CPU yet. I'm just looking for a upgrade from my Xeon X5450 as it not enough anymore.

Also, i've heard there's 8C/16T Xeons on X79, i can't remembed exact model. Can i play games and use Adobe programs for Editing and rendering?

I think i'll try to find an 3770K and P67 or Z68 board for a good price.

Whats your upgrade budget?

Id go with those xeons of that i7 any day. They will all those programs just fine.

ALso look for used first gen ryzen systems, should be much newer and getting pretty cheap now.

Whats your upgrade budget?

Id go with those xeons of that i7 any day. They will all those programs just fine.

ALso look for used first gen ryzen systems, should be much newer and getting pretty cheap now.

I'd say maximum $250 when i convert to dollars. I don't have a chance to get parts from any foreign markets. So, i would try to get them on local markets.

B450 boards are pretty cheap. If i could find any R7 1700 or R5 1600 from used market on good price, i would like to get them.

Should i need at least 16 GBs of RAM in today standards?

30 minutes ago, Curesto said:

I'd say maximum $250 when i convert to dollars. I don't have a chance to get parts from any foreign markets. So, i would try to get them on local markets.

B450 boards are pretty cheap. If i could find any R7 1700 or R5 1600 from used market on good price, i would like to get them.

Should i need at least 16 GBs of RAM in today standards?

Id aim for 16gb of ram, as I find 8gb gets used up fast with a web browser and background apps.

32 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id aim for 16gb of ram, as I find 8gb gets used up fast with a web browser and background apps.

Thanks. If i couldn't find one of these Ryzen CPUs, i would try to get 8 Core Xeon and X79 board.

2 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Thanks. If i couldn't find one of these Ryzen CPUs, i would try to get 8 Core Xeon and X79 board.

Yea those are a reasonble option for the price. THere still pretty fast. Boards can be a pain, but should work.

Yea those are a reasonble option for the price. THere still pretty fast. Boards can be a pain, but should work.

I agree. The X79 boards are very hard to find in my opinion. The GPU i would use is Radeon R9 280X.