Windows 10. Can a infected user profile infect other user profiles?

Go to solution Solved by StDragon,
Just now, 1368 said:

How about I create another partition, install a new windows and lock the other partitions with maybe BitLocker?

No.

Any program that's malware inherently has the same level of execution privileges as the user account that ran the program. If it's exploiting the OS itself, it could have greater level access via System level.

Running untrusted code in a VM is your best option.

I want to install and run an untrusted/suspicions program on secondary user profile without affecting my other user profile?

Also I looked up windows sandbox and the problem is that it will remove everything after you close it. I need a way to install and run this program isolated from my sensitive data.

English is not my native language.

A second user would not protect you but what you can do is use a virtual machine 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Yes, if the user executing the application has administrative level access.

1 minute ago, StDragon said:

Yes, if the user executing the application has administrative level access.

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

A second user would not protect you but what you can do is use a virtual machine 

How about I create another partition, install a new windows and lock the other partitions with maybe BitLocker?

Just now, 1368 said:

That could work but going through that hassle is a lot for something that can be fixed by just running a Virtual Machine

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, 1368 said:

No.

Any program that's malware inherently has the same level of execution privileges as the user account that ran the program. If it's exploiting the OS itself, it could have greater level access via System level.

Running untrusted code in a VM is your best option.

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

That could work but going through that hassle is a lot for something that can be fixed by just running a Virtual Machine

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Thank I will try VM