gt 745m bios flash to gt 750m?

herb

^

is it possible? they use the same core.

I never had a laptop that allowed its vbios to be flashed, or read. Plus if you dont have the tools to recover it, answer is always no.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

47 minutes ago, Levent said:

I never had a laptop that allowed its vbios to be flashed, or read. Plus if you dont have the tools to recover it, answer is always no.

It also is a physically different gpu so yeah not happening. Besides the difference between both is 10% at best. So games that are not playable will be not playable + a couple fps.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

It also is a physically different gpu so yeah not happening.

actually its not. both the 745 and 750 use the gk107. the core count is the same. ram is the same. the only difference i can tell is the clocks. the 750 has 150-200mhz extra on the core and 100-150mhz extra on the ram. i could just dial in these overclocks in with msi afterburner but i find bios flashing to be easier when it come to gpus that are nearly the same thing. im not sure if my laptop will allow a bios flash, so if thats the case i can just use afterburner

4 minutes ago, herb said:

actually its not. both the 745 and 750 use the gk107. the core count is the same. ram is the same. the only difference i can tell is the clocks. the 750 has 150-200mhz extra on the core and 100-150mhz extra on the ram. i could just dial in these overclocks in with msi afterburner but i find bios flashing to be easier when it come to gpus that are nearly the same thing. im not sure if my laptop will allow a bios flash, so if thats the case i can just use afterburner

They have one difference and that one difference is enough. Their memory controller isn't the same. One is built to handle both gddr3 and gddr5 whilst the other is not. That alone makes it incompatible.

Normally laptops do not allow flashing and I DO NOT recommend you try as if it fails that is it your laptop is done for. So just see if you can oc which I ALSO DO NOT recommend as most laptops are built with the powertarget in mind of their components and not a bit more.

Either way what do you hope to achieve with this oc? At best you get a couple extra fps (like 2-3 if even).

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Either way what do you hope to achieve with this oc? At best you get a couple extra fps (like 2-3 if even).

well the gpu is bottlenecking my cpu performance so in getting better gpu speeds ill be able to get more playable frames. also based on experience it would be closer to a 10-15 fps gain. older cards have a higher performance-per-clock output than new ones which would lead me to believe that a 100mhz boost would do me some good.

25 minutes ago, herb said:

well the gpu is bottlenecking my cpu performance so in getting better gpu speeds ill be able to get more playable frames. also based on experience it would be closer to a 10-15 fps gain. older cards have a higher performance-per-clock output than new ones which would lead me to believe that a 100mhz boost would do me some good.

You are REALLY overestimating what it will do. Just oc it youll see if your chip is even capable of running at those speeds.