Are 75Hz Monitors any better than 60?

RockSolid1106
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

The difference between 60Hz and 75Hz is bigger than between 144Hz and 240Hz.

60Hz is 16.66ms between each frame

75Hz is 13.33ms

so 3.33ms improvement.

144Hz is 6.94ms

240Hz is 4.16ms

so 2.78ms improvement.

That said, as was mentioned above... If I had to decide between two fairly low refresh rate monitors, I would probably pick the one with better image quality rather than the one with a slightly higher refresh rate.

And you can try to OC the 60Hz monitor if you pick that instead (not guaranteed it will work though).

75Hz or 60Hz monitor if on budget and the price difference was about $20?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. 75 or 60?

• 75Hz
    • 60Hz

Do 75Hz monitors have any noticeable difference to the human eye? I am not looking to buy a monitor for gaming. Just normal typing and regular browsing. AFAIK, 75Hz isn't a big difference compared to 60Hz. But that one part of the brain says "75 is a larger number than 60 right?"

Thanks!

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

I would look at panel properties instead of refresh rate. If panel is better overall and monitor has extra features, $20 is worth it. If its the identical panel and has no extra features, keep your $20.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The difference between 60Hz and 75Hz is bigger than between 144Hz and 240Hz.

60Hz is 16.66ms between each frame

75Hz is 13.33ms

so 3.33ms improvement.

144Hz is 6.94ms

240Hz is 4.16ms

so 2.78ms improvement.

That said, as was mentioned above... If I had to decide between two fairly low refresh rate monitors, I would probably pick the one with better image quality rather than the one with a slightly higher refresh rate.

And you can try to OC the 60Hz monitor if you pick that instead (not guaranteed it will work though).

You will notice the difference - 60Hz looks choppy as hell compared to higher Hz. Even 75 Hz looks better but if you can afford it go for a high refresh monitor (144 Hz) and you’ll never look back.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

Yes, and the jump from 60Hz to 75Hz is more noticeable than 75Hz to 120Hz.

I still think that 75Hz is the sweet spot, especially with freesync/G-sync, unless you play FPS games competitively. Being on a budget, I prefer 1440p 75Hz to 1080p 144hz.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows