20-30 Degree CPU Temp Jumps - Be Quiet Pure Loop 360

The_Chief

Hia,

As of yesterday, I finished building 90% of my new PC (less GPU for obvious reasons). During idle operation, my CPU temps are around 28-31 degrees C but the second I begin to even slightly use my computer, the temperatures jump to the high 40's, low 50's in less than half a second, all of my fans come on full power, and it settles back down again once I stop moving. Some use cases where this has occurred are: downloading steam, opening chrome, opening LTT.com to write this post, etc. This is not occurring during any form of heavy use and generally, I would consider the "load-area" as idle use comparatively.

I have installed a Be Quiet Pure Loop 360 AIO as the cooler for my 5800x and have reseated the block and reapplied thermal compound twice to alleviate these issues. The pump is located at the bottom of the rad to ensure no bubbles are present in the pump system. The pump is being directly powered by a SATA->2pin connector but the same issues persist if I plug the pump into the on-board pump header.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit:

Submitting this post and editing in this blurb resulted in a 15 degree jump in less than a second.

The massive spike is downloading a 15mb file and all smaller spikes are opening new tabs in chrome.

Annotation 2021-05-15 132909.png

Annotation 2021-05-15 134427.png

31 minutes ago, The_Chief said:

Hia,

As of yesterday, I finished building 90% of my new PC (less GPU for obvious reasons). During idle operation, my CPU temps are around 28-31 degrees C but the second I begin to even slightly use my computer, the temperatures jump to the high 40's, low 50's in less than half a second, all of my fans come on full power, and it settles back down again once I stop moving. Some use cases where this has occurred are: downloading steam, opening chrome, opening LTT.com to write this post, etc. This is not occurring during any form of heavy use and generally, I would consider the "load-area" as idle use comparatively.

I have installed a Be Quiet Pure Loop 360 AIO as the cooler for my 5800x and have reseated the block and reapplied thermal compound twice to alleviate these issues. The pump is located at the bottom of the rad to ensure no bubbles are present in the pump system. The pump is being directly powered by a SATA->2pin connector but the same issues persist if I plug the pump into the on-board pump header.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit:

Submitting this post and editing in this blurb resulted in a 15 degree jump in less than a second.

The massive spike is downloading a 15mb file and all smaller spikes are opening new tabs in chrome.

Annotation 2021-05-15 132909.png

Annotation 2021-05-15 134427.png

temps are normal for a 360 aio. Chrome always takes up a lot of cpu usage. You're fine

5800X's are actually quite hot bois. We got spoiled by old generations not being that hot even when totally overclocked. I cooled my old 5820K which was really overclocked with a single 120mm radiator. 5800X, even with 2x120mm radiator, it quickly goes up to 85°C. I have to run fans at stupid speeds to keep temps well below. Or stupid aggressive curve that shoots up fans instantly to 100% whenever core temp goes past 50°C so it catches up before it hits high temps.

• 2 weeks later...

Your fan curves are probably too aggressive. Make the curves more linear vs logarithmic, or just change the point where fans start to spin. CPU heating in use is normal, and coolers are built to react to it. So this is more about configuration than anything else.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv