Lagging in calls and games

Vader11598y8y89

I have had this issue now for around 6 months. The issue is when I am downloading a game, I lag in discord to the point where it says I have 5000 ping but everyone can hear me but I cant hear them. Also in games all the time i get random lag. In fortnite i get packet loss every 10 seconds which is strange. I use ethernet and the cable runs under the house. But I have had this cable for over 2 years now and am wondering if it is damaged and that is the issue. Or maybe some dust in the port of the router? I'm not sure but I attached an image showing my download and upload speeds.

12341234.PNG

4 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

I use ethernet and the cable runs under the house.

Temporarily connect directly to the router/gateway using another ethernet patch cable to see if you get any improvement.

11 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Temporarily connect directly to the router/gateway using another ethernet patch cable to see if you get any improvement.

I don't have another one, the only one i have is the 25m one im using rn

10 minutes ago, Vader11598y8y89 said:

I don't have another one, the only one i have is the 25m one im using rn

Well, that's the only way you'll be able to determine the integrity of the cable.

If you run ethernet in crawl spaces underneath your house, it's very easy to get damaged especially if the cable isn't properly jacketed. Mice and who knows what else can nibble on the insulation.

Apart from that, have you tried rebooting the router/gateway? What about carefully cleaning the ports at each end of the ethernet termination?

6 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Well, that's the only way you'll be able to determine the integrity of the cable.

If you run ethernet in crawl spaces underneath your house, it's very easy to get damaged especially if the cable isn't properly jacketed. Mice and who knows what else can nibble on the insulation.

Apart from that, have you tried rebooting the router/gateway? What about carefully cleaning the ports at each end of the ethernet termination?

I will try the cleaning part, otherwise i might just buy a new cable