What headset brands are good to look for?

RealFlameknight

I'm looking into buying a headset under a $100, not sure about what brands are good. I need ones with a good microphone and not ones working only on USB.

Don't ever go by brand. Look at reviews for individual headsets. Even the best brands have flops, and even the worst regarded brand can come out of nowhere with a really excellent product.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

MH751's are the best you'll get for that price.

And if not available there is always the every popular hyperx cloud II's (3.5mm NOT usb only). The mh's are the better headset but the clouds are pretty close.

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

And if not available there is always the every popular hyperx cloud II's (3.5mm NOT usb only). The mh's are the better headset but the clouds are pretty close.

Yeah, they're not the best headset in the world but comfort really makes up for that

If I were given either at random I wouldn't be bothered either way, that's for sure. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Unfortunately those aren't available here for less than $140

38 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Don't ever go by brand. Look at reviews for individual headsets. Even the best brands have flops, and even the worst regarded brand can come out of nowhere with a really excellent product.

The reviews for ones I have looked into were either biased or not helpful, or just mixed (some saying they're PERFECT, others saying they're TERRIBLE).

2 minutes ago, RealFlameknight said:

The reviews for ones I have looked into were either biased or not helpful, or just mixed (some saying they're PERFECT, others saying they're TERRIBLE).

Can be common. At some point you just gotta weigh the options. If 8/10 are very positive and 2/10 are negative then it is more likely to be a good product than not.

Just now, RealFlameknight said:

Any opinions on HyperX cloud stinger core headsets?

It's kinda bad. The basic razer headset is much better for 10$ more.

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's kinda bad. The basic razer headset is much better for 10$ more.

Which one?

Which one?

The razer kraken. I don't recommend it due to quality control issues but it's better than the bad stinger core.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The razer kraken. I don't recommend it due to quality control issues but it's better than the bad stinger core.

I don't like the 1.3m cable length, also heard the microphone isn't the best. They're also 30$ more expensive than the stinger core here.

Just now, RealFlameknight said:

I don't like the 1.3m cable length, also heard the microphone isn't the best

It isn't it's a 50$ headset you really can't expect too much. Cable length is never really a problem you can extend those.

But really for your budget a hyperx cloud II or MH751 should be in budget I can find plenty of us stores that sell them for under 100$ and I'm looking at it from europe.

I don't like the 1.3m cable length, also heard the microphone isn't the best. They're also 30$ more expensive than the stinger core here.

If there is one brand to avoid it's razer I would steer clear of razer headsets

I'm from Serbia, the hyperx cloud II is the same amount as $140 here, and the MH751 around $110. Unfortunately not within my budget

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

If there is one brand to avoid it's razer I would steer clear of razer headsets

Fully agree. But if you are buying bottom of the barrel headsets in terms of price then razer is surprisingly an average ok choice here as well all the sub 50$ headsets kinda suck in one way or another.

Generally I need a headset better than my Redragon ares h120. I just need an option that's better than those but under the budget.

1 hour ago, RealFlameknight said:

You need to focus in on actual technical reviews. Some random on the interwebs throwing up a YouTube video saying they bought them and they suck is not a review. Human hearing is crazily variable, honestly to the point where it's kind of amazing companies can create any speaker that can at least sound good to most people.

It's a good rule to follow in tech reviews, anyways, but especially when it comes to audio: graphs or it doesn't count.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Indeed, you should read the reviews and also the actual reviews from normal people like us. Never trust Youtube reviewers, they are sometimes full of bullshit and your opinions may differ from them. I base all my headphones purches off on the reviews from normal people like here and on head-fi.

Some likes the DT990 a lot and others will beat it to the ground. Human ears are extremely different from everyone.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I bought a pair of Plantronics RIG 400LX back in 2018 and love them. I really like the cloth covered earcups, and for me, the over all fit is extremely good, almost perfect for me. Tonight, the right side just stopped working. I bought It for 80. Any suggestions for a replacement? The cloth earcups are a must.