Most popular e-sport game.

Harshil

The most popular esport would most likely be lol or dota.

The most influential would be Brood War or Quake. (Going to give the edge to brood war).

Popularity doesn't always mean the best.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

We can also look at it with the lens of what would become a future (Olympic) sport. Games like fighters and Starcraft would be more likely to be a actual sport due to the 1v1 nature and the combined mental and physical (APM) aspects. Although CS:GO Dota and Leauge can be considered candidates, the nature of 1v1 with lots of mental aspects is more likely to be accepted. 

It is like chess combined with shooting or archery.

• 2 weeks later...

LoL, Dota and CS GO. The scene for cs go will get even bigger if Valve decides to host the TI for CS

Holy balls CS:GO went from least popular to 2nd most popular in the time since I last was at this forum. Popularity has gone up by a lot since the last few majors.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Where's DOTA 2?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Where's DOTA 2?

You mean Dota 2 being the most popular in this list? Well as a Dota and a CS fan, I have to say most people in the forums prefer LoL over Dota. Riot won't let Dota 2 overtake them so easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Statistically, LoL is the most popular with users, but DotA has a more consistent and active fan base. Last time I checked  :)

Eh

Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

LoL is statistically the most popular so...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

• 2 weeks later...

The only game I ever played that could be played competitively is call of duty.

It's not even that good of a shooter....

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Street Fighter > Smash Bros. Opinions, but, even still, none of the fighters are listed. They only have probably the longest standing tournament (Evolution)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

My vote would go to Starcraft 2, followed by Dota 2 then League of Legends

It's a popularity poll, not implying one game is better than other or one game has better e-sports than other.

It's mostly because Starcraft haws been here for ages, also Dota. But LoL itself is really famous too.

Reason for the " I'm Sorry" it was during the great peasant period in my life. Thankfully i was able to befriend the Jarl of my town and he promoted me to pcmasterrace. 

I actually apologize. I misread your original post as "The only game that should ever be played" xD

This is awkward...

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

It's not even that good of a shooter....

Street Fighter > Smash Bros. Opinions, but, even still, none of the fighters are listed. They only have probably the longest standing tournament (Evolution)

Street Fighter is the classic by which all fighting games are measured against, but the way Melee works is just beautiful. It allows for both aggressive and defensive playstyles, incorporates directional influence, near limitless movement options, creative self-directed combos, all within a sandbox environment that rewards skillful play. SF is great, but Melee is the king, IMO.

BTW, The Big House 4 is this weekend, and will be livestreamed on VGBootCamp and some other twitch channels as well, I believe. It's going to be the 4th largest Smash tournament of all time (behind Apex 2014 and Evo 2013 & 2014) -- you should really check it out. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Where is Smite (Third largest MOBA with a World Championship worth $1,000,000+)?!

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Where is Smite (Third largest MOBA with a World Championship worth $1,000,000+)?!

it is a new e sports title. Just because it has a lot of pricepool doesnt make it big (similar to lol season 2 wcs)