Most popular e-sport game.

Harshil

The most popular e-sports is the topic. Seriously, are you even reading or are you the usual DotA 2 elitist that refuses to accept that LoL is just as much competitive as Dota? Dota may have harder learning curve but the skill ceiling is the same, but once again the topic isn't about the best game but the most popular e-sports. Going to end the argument here if you reply with something irrevelant again.

The hell? Didn't you read what i said. I just said that between the 2, LOL is the more popular. WTF.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

The most popular e-sports is the topic. Seriously, are you even reading or are you the usual DotA 2 elitist that refuses to accept that LoL is just as much competitive as Dota? Dota may have harder learning curve but the skill ceiling is the same, but once again the topic isn't about the best game but the most popular e-sports. Going to end the argument here if you reply with something irrevelant again.

yes a game that is lacking several mechanics and options compared to the other one has just as high skill ceiling, are you kidding me?

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Screenshot%202014-07-08%2018.29.02.png

This is only the play-ins. Group stages with the more known teams start tomorrow. 

320k are watching in-game right now. That, with the stream dedicated to beginners, I think The International 4 could become the most watched esports event ever. 

I am going to say 2 million concurrent unique is realistic

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

Best E-Sport back in the day to me was Halo 3 man. I loved that game to death

yes a game that is lacking several mechanics and options compared to the other one has just as high skill ceiling, are you kidding me?

Just because a game doesn't have denying and has turn rates doesn't mean you need less skill to compete at high level. The game has a lot of mechanics different from Dota. Just to count few - kiting with ranged adc (basically moving backwards and canceling autoattack animation), champions without mana that require high reaction times to execute their combinations multiple times in a fight rather than pressing 1 key and rightclicking, ward jumping, summoner spells, runes and masteries. 

And what do you mean by lacking? The devs created their game just as they wanted, they didn't intend to make Dota 2. Do you even know what skill ceiling and skill floor means?

denying and turn rate is nothing, compared to the more varied metagame in dota, and the different types of strategies, the reaction times also need to be  there in dota 2, also positioning, warding, dewarding, smoking, and ganking, but you are obviously a league fanboy who never played dota 2 in his life enough to understand these things, so you think dota is about using one spell than right clicking.

denying and turn rate is nothing, compared to the more varied metagame in dota, and the different types of strategies, the reaction times also need to be  there in dota 2, also positioning, warding, dewarding, smoking, and ganking, but you are obviously a league fanboy who never played dota 2 in his life enough to understand these things, so you think dota is about using one spell than right clicking.

I actually have over 50 games in Dota 2 and I think it's a good game but I enjoy LoL more. You are actually the fanboy that denies every competitor and calls your game superior with ridiculus reasoning and no arguments at all. There is skill required to play Dota at high level , there is skill required to play league at high level but not so much at lower levels because of its learning curve. Both games are great, I just prefer one more.

Jeez, you guys sound like those Dota 2 elitists that commented on every LoL youtube video "dota>lol" when dota 2 was still in beta. You probably are...

You are the one in denial bro

You are the one in denial bro

I actually have over 50 games in Dota 2 and I think it's a good game but I enjoy LoL more.

I think it's a good game but I enjoy LoL more.

yeah, I am totally denying Dota and being a LoL fanboy without trying it's compeditor. Totally.

yeah, I am totally denying Dota and being a LoL fanboy without trying it's compeditor. Totally.

50 games really isn't very much in these types of games. 

In my opinion dota 2 is has a higher skill ceiling than LoL (not an expert, few hundred games of dota and around 1.5k lol but haven't played other in nearly a year) but that is not to say top league players are not good (and who cares, watch/play whatever you enjoy).

On topic: for popularity, obviously league is number one. For personal favourite, I enjoy sc2 the most but love watching TI and LCS for dota/lol.  

• 2 weeks later...

No TF2 in poll, as a sixes player I am dissapoint.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Due to the huge player base of RIOT´s game, I imagined they would have also take over the e-sport scene.

Due to the huge player base of RIOT´s game, I imagined they would have also take over the e-sport scene.

No game can single handedly take over the esports scene. They are number one when it comes to how large and how popular they are, but dominance and monopoly over the esports scene is impossible and unrealistic. Its like trying to say soccer is going to take over the sports scene, its not. There will always be people liking other games, may not be as popular, but still an entirely different aspect of esports that riot cannot and will not be able to control.

What?

• 2 weeks later...

Any love for competitive smash brothers? Yes it's console but still very entertaining esports

League is statistically the most popular eSport, followed by Dota

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Any love for competitive smash brothers? Yes it's console but still very entertaining esports

the mew2king vs hax match today was insane

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

• 2 weeks later...

You beat me to it. Although not big, the Smash Bros esports scene is extremely selective and tough. It is one of my all time favorites. A even got to face Mew2King once. He pubstomped a smashfest I went to. The players are complete masters at their craft, and not to mention, it is extremely exiting to watch. Low Tier City 2 had some of the most amazing and intense games of smash I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1J3QuIftjOq9iv_rr7Egw

They should be uploaded soon. Neon and Mew2king games are the ones you want to watch.

Just because a game doesn't have denying and has turn rates doesn't mean you need less skill to compete at high level. The game has a lot of mechanics different from Dota. Just to count few - kiting with ranged adc (basically moving backwards and canceling autoattack animation), champions without mana that require high reaction times to execute their combinations multiple times in a fight rather than pressing 1 key and rightclicking, ward jumping, summoner spells, runes and masteries. 

And what do you mean by lacking? The devs created their game just as they wanted, they didn't intend to make Dota 2. Do you even know what skill ceiling and skill floor means?

League/Dota kids talking about skill ceiling... then they try ADC in Smite... xD silly MOBAs

Git Gud.

I'm going to basically agree with Kamee here. At top end play, at least from what I've seen at least, it's not like league where you see the same 2-4 champions in each role, in every fucking game. It's why I stopped watching LoL, and eventually why I stopped playing. That, and it was just bloody boring.

Now, I picked up Dota 2 and started playing it a little more recently. Everything is much more open. Teamfights take place over an area larger than the area on your screen, and yet you still need to be aware of what's going on around you. There's a lot more you need to do. You don't get a free teleport back to base, it costs money, and you lose shit-tonnes of experience if you have to do it too often. And then there's the champions. Some of them, far more complex. I'd go as far as to say they require skillsets from other genres of game entirely. A character like say, Meepo for example, you need to be able to multi-task and micro-manage. Definitely not something a LoL player can do.

And Juggers, speaking of kiting. I laugh. You think kitings hard? Try kiting with 40-80 units, while casting spells, while keeping them all positioned in a better concave then your opponent, potentially while attacking them in a different spot on the map with different units, while reinforcing, while building new bases. Welcome to the world of Starcraft 2. Kiting in LoL is pathetically easy by comparison, because you have to do one thing, with one character, or, "unit"

One of the newer stars in the fighting game scene. I'm more of a fan of Street Fighter and UMvC3 personally, above that I'm super-psyched TTT2 made Evo this year, I hope we see some more tourneys for that. Lots of good fighting gamers out there, I'd highly recommend checking out some of the other games. Even BlazBlues doing decently in the FGC scene from what I understand

the mew2king vs hax match today was insane

I didn't watch it, but be aware the reaction times on FG players are insane. Some players can be backed into a corner, in a situation where it looks like they can't win.... and then they win. Not sure if that's relevant to that match specifically, but that's where a lot of the hype from fighting game matches comes from I guess

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I'm going to basically agree with Kamee here. At top end play, at least from what I've seen at least, it's not like league where you see the same 2-4 champions in each role, in every fucking game. It's why I stopped watching LoL, and eventually why I stopped playing. That, and it was just bloody boring.

Now, I picked up Dota 2 and started playing it a little more recently. Everything is much more open. Teamfights take place over an area larger than the area on your screen, and yet you still need to be aware of what's going on around you. There's a lot more you need to do. You don't get a free teleport back to base, it costs money, and you lose shit-tonnes of experience if you have to do it too often. And then there's the champions. Some of them, far more complex. I'd go as far as to say they require skillsets from other genres of game entirely. A character like say, Meepo for example, you need to be able to multi-task and micro-manage. Definitely not something a LoL player can do.

League is an easy game... pick the champs that Riot failed to balance on the current patch, win games. I quit cuz I got sick of Riot's bad game design. It wasn't fun unless you won, and to win you just had to pick whatever OP champ made it through the patch.

Dota looks like a smarter game to me but when I played it, it was boring as hell. Everything is just so... slow...

I just can't get excited about traditional mobas anymore... the scene needs some new stuff. :(

Git Gud.

Why do DotA players think everyone likes more complex games? Harder is not equal to better for everyone.

Why do DotA players think everyone likes more complex games? Harder is not equal to better for everyone.

This is why I came to Smite instead of Dota. Smite was fast and fun with relatively simple mechanics, similar to League but more skill-based. Dota is just a clunky game with a bunch of esoteric builds and counters that would just be too boring for me to play.

Git Gud.

Dota all the way, it's just so more professional I think but yet the good players are always the friendliest. I get the odd game where you get some dicks but that just gets less and less as you rank up.

I understand that completely. Hell, I've told multiple friends not to buy SC2 for the multiplayer because the skill cap is off-putting.

What I don't like is people playing games aimed at casuals, and harping on about how complex and hard it is. Some Lol players have this douchey elitism where they harp on about the skill cap, but fail to realize it's easy even when compared to other games of the same genre

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM