Monitor is Failing - Help

Yoshi Moshi

I have the following monitor:

image.thumb.png.bf55e5d2b9729af3ecd2f345d5b7b9d5.png

bought it September 17th 2020.

Now sometimes when I turn on the TV the whole image is blurred out like so. Seems like if I turn it off for a few hours, and then come back and turn it on, it's fine. Until the screen turns off from me not using the computer and it goes blurry again like below.

image.thumb.png.f03deab79b5aeae28370034363f4d131.png

Here's my troubleshooting steps:

• I unplugged the display port cable from the video card and tried a different display port socket on my video card and got the same result. I then replaced it to the original socket on the video card.
  • I unplugged the display port cable from the faulty monitor and plugged it into a different monitor, the different monitor had no issues and got a good picture.
  • I unplugged the display port cable from the faulty monitor and tried a different display port socket on the same faulty monitor, got the same issue.
  • I tried wiggling the display port cable while it's plugged into the faulty monitor and saw no difference.
  • I unplugged the power cable from the wall outlet and plugged it back in, same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can solve this monitor problem? Or maybe the product is still under warranty? I'm not entirely sure as I have never had an Acer monitor before. Not to mention it it is very big, would be a pain and expensive to ship it.

I'm not very happy that this monitor is failing considering how expensive it was, and I've had it for only a few months without issues. First time I've had a monitor fail on me like this.

Thanks

Are you sure it's the monitor and not your graphics card?

The monitor should still be under warranty.

Just now, DobertRownySr said:

They did say

7 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

unplugged the display port cable from the faulty monitor and plugged it into a different monitor, the different monitor had no issues and got a good picture.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

The monitor should still be under warranty.

How do I file a claim with the company?

Thanks for the help.

It's really strange that it failed. Because I have kept the monitor in the same spot the whole time, hasn't moved an inch after I powered it up for the first time, or has seen much movement.

11 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

How do I file a claim with the company?

Thanks for the help.

It's really strange that it failed. Because I have kept the monitor in the same spot the whole time, hasn't moved an inch after I powered it up for the first time, or has seen much movement.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/warranty-information

It is strange, but it likely just just comes down to being defective.